Trump's America

zoogs

God forbid we hold our President to a higher standard of decency than we hold ole Hank from the auto shop, or we pretend like the most powerful man in the free world has a lot more influence on the thoughts and behaviors of a country than joe schmo from Surprise, Nebraska does.

Higher standard of decency?

Is decency defined by the ability to talk with political correctness?

Are we not judged by deeds rather than words?

That is not what I am saying and you know it. By the way, Old hank has been talking this way since birth. Joe Scmoe has had to work 14 hours a day for 40 years to afford his, home, old pickup, and his kids educational cost, so his kid could live a different life than Joe did. By the way, Joes kid had kids and guess who is taking care of them, good ole Joe.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Joe has the feeling he does, and why he would like a little of what the the elietest have had for a very long time.

Bad Joe. Bad!

I edited this because part of what I pasted went away for some reason, sorry!

• Fire 3

God forbid we hold our President to a higher standard of decency than we hold ole Hank from the auto shop, or we pretend like the most powerful man in the free world has a lot more influence on the thoughts and behaviors of a country than joe schmo from Surprise, Nebraska does.

I guess I just like to think we are equal...don't you? I mean, once we are adults. Right?

• Fire 2

what also shocks me is how shocked some of you are about things that go on at schools.

I agree teach. The things my kids tell me on a daily basis is ridiculous and it isn't the fault of the standing President.

If I could (trust me I want to) I would share snapchats that I get from a teaching buddy of mine who teaches at a horrible high school. OH MY GOD, the stuff he puts up with, sees, hears...crazy.

Most of the people here would be floored because honestly most of the people that post here probably have no idea what some schools are like.

Shoot, you should see (yes, video) some of the stuff that he showed me the other day after the election.

• Fire 2

At the high school one district north of me:

Police and officials at Maple Grove Senior High say they've launched an investigation into racist, pro-Donald Trump graffiti.

The photos of the graffiti, which exploded on social media Wednesday, were apparently taken in a boys bathroom at the school. The messages appeared on a bathroom door and a toiletry cover. They include the words "#gobacktoafrica", "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica". It also included the pro-Trump messages "Trump Train" and "Make America Great Again".

The blurred words at the top of the picture say F**k N*****s. The first blurred hashtag says #f***allporchmonkeys

MGSH%20graffiti%20door%20blurred_1478736

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/maple-grove-hs-investigating-racist-graffiti/350560184

Ha ha! Because we all know that graffiti in a high school bathroom—probably written by a kid who has never voted—is representative of Trump supporters. Why would this be a thing in social media? What does it have to do with anything, other than proving that some high school kids are juvenile idiots? :lol:

• Fire 1

Police and officials at Maple Grove Senior High say they've launched an investigation into racist, pro-Donald Trump graffiti.

The photos of the graffiti, which exploded on social media Wednesday, were apparently taken in a boys bathroom at the school. The messages appeared on a bathroom door and a toiletry cover. They include the words "#gobacktoafrica", "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica". It also included the pro-Trump messages "Trump Train" and "Make America Great Again".

The blurred words at the top of the picture say F**k N*****s. The first blurred hashtag says #f***allporchmonkeys

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/maple-grove-hs-investigating-racist-graffiti/350560184

Ha ha! Because we all know that graffiti in a high school bathroom—probably written by a kid who has never voted—is representative of Trump supporters. Why would this be a thing in social media? What does it have to do with anything, other than proving that some high school kids are juvenile idiots? :lol:

You are not getting it! This kid was not a racist until TWO DAYS AGO!

• Fire 3

You're not getting it.

Nobody is saying this kid wasn't a racist till two days ago. But, some people (maybe a very small minority) feel empowered to express and act out on their racism because Trump won.

• Fire 5

To the first question, no. Decency is defined by having compassion, empathy and respect towards people different than us, especially when those people have historically been on the losing side of the equation in America. Donald Trump has never exhibited this quality.

To the second question, we are judged by both. Donald Trump has a long history of deeds by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man, as well as a long history of words by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man.

Your argument is essentially (help me out if I am misunderstanding this), Donald Trump's warts of character aren't a big deal because there are a lot of plain everyday blue-collar Americans that have the same warts. My argument is, those people aren't the President with good reason associated towards the fact that they possess the ignorance or prejudices that they do.

Don't think I'm condemning Hank or Joe Schmoe - my family is full of them. I used to be one of them. I fully get the person that is and the place that person comes from, and I also would similarly lose my god damn mind if someone wanted to elect one of them to be the leader of the free world.

I guess I just like to think we are equal...don't you? I mean, once we are adults. Right?

We don't have equal levels of influence, at least.

It's so weird seeing the responses dismissing the actions we're seeing across the country right now. When I was a little kid, my mom wouldn't let me watch Power Rangers. Reason being, when I did, I'd turn into a damn monster ninja kicking all over the house breaking things, because I saw these cool big kids on TV that would morph and use karate to beat up bad guys.

I wasn't allowed to watch South Park either, because when I did, all the sudden I heard these crazy swear words used in a really funny way and I wanted to do that too.

I wasn't allowed to hang out with certain kids in our apartment complex because when I did, I'd become more antagonistic, violent sassy and rebellious.

I was taught to give sh#t to all my mom's biker friends every time they swore, because it would rub off on her and on me.

Is it really some ultra damn liberal argument to claim that people, especially youth, are influenced and emboldened by what they see and are exposed to?

It doesn't seem like a crazy leap of logic to me, at least, to see the connection between the President of the United States say, "Build a wall, they're sending over rapists", and "Ban all Muslims" and citizens ripping off hijabs, chanting at latinx kids at school or screaming at minorities to get out of this country.

• Fire 1

You're not getting it.

Nobody is saying this kid wasn't a racist till two days ago. But, some people (maybe a very small minority) feel empowered to express and act out on their racism because Trump won.

Trust me, I get it. I am in a school every single day. So...yeah.

To the first question, no. Decency is defined by having compassion, empathy and respect towards people different than us, especially when those people have historically been on the losing side of the equation in America. Donald Trump has never exhibited this quality.

To the second question, we are judged by both. Donald Trump has a long history of deeds by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man, as well as a long history of words by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man.

Your argument is essentially (help me out if I am misunderstanding this), Donald Trump's warts of character aren't a big deal because there are a lot of plain everyday blue-collar Americans that have the same warts. My argument is, those people aren't the President with good reason associated towards the fact that they possess the ignorance or prejudices that they do.

Don't think I'm condemning Hank or Joe Schmoe - my family is full of them. I used to be one of them. I fully get the person that is and the place that person comes from, and I also would similarly lose my god damn mind if someone wanted to elect one of them to be the leader of the free world.

We don't have equal levels of influence, at least.

Agreed

And I am assuming you agree that you feel that we should all be treated equal, right?

Day One.

https://twitter.com/KelliZoe/status/796442907096055819

"Build that wall!"

One day after Republican candidate Donald Trump was elected president, some middle school students in Royal Oak chanted enthusiasm for one of his platform planks: the building of a wall between the United States and Mexico.

The incident — a small group of students chanting "Build the wall!" — was captured on video and shared widely via Facebook, and took place during a lunch at Royal Oak Middle School.

But ... the Toyota Matrix. Isn't that sort of ... weird? You'd expect racist redneck signs like that to be on a rusty ole Chevy 4WD pickup truck with a Molly Hatchett bumper sticker and a rifle rack in the back window. Or something similar. But instead, a Toyota Matrix—the ride of choice among commuter bureaucrats and suburban housewives. What's next, a lynch mob driving a Prius? I'm thinking those people are fake redneck racists. :lol: