Trump's America

zoogs

Ummmm - who else suffered during the holocaust?

These people need to pick up a history book, or go to one of the MANY museums just down the street there in DC.

It's true that Jews weren't the only ones to suffer from the Nazi extermination efforts. This is not factually inaccurate:

Hicks provided a link to a Huffington Post UK story noting that while 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, 5 million others were also slaughtered during Adolf Hitler's genocide, including "priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters."

That's still a remarkably poor excuse to gloss over the astonishing suffering of the Jewish people at the hands of the Nazi regime. By all means, name everyone. But don't give an inch to the anti-Semites and the Holocaust deniers.

Let's just say the Nazi's targeted as many non-Jews as Jews in their extermination campaign. That still means Jews were still the single-largest affected demographic by many orders-of-magnitude. In this version of the estimates, the Nazi's STILL surpass any possible measure of deplorable-ness.

Now ignoring the impact and suffering of Jews, that's one of those "just when you can't get any lower". I am always astounded by the Holocaust deniers ignorance.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Those countries (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and UAE) have the infrastructure in place to allow them to identify and screen who is getting on their airplanes perhaps?

You're reaching here. And you left Azerbaijan off the list.

Maybe a little as that was my thought on a possible reason before I actually did a little homework on the subject. Trump didn't hand pick those 7 countries. The Executive Order contains this language:

It says that it seeks “Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern.” It also says“I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order.”

The Department of Homeland Security targeted these seven countries over the last years as countries of concern. In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.” It noted “the three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.”

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

so you are saying that this travel ban is really obamas fault?

If interested, you can send emails direct to POTUS, VPOTUS, FLOTUS and others via the WH website. I just wrote letters to all three. I'm sure it gains zero traction but I refuse to do nothing.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Did you Melania if she needed an angel shot?

!!!! Kinda. Pointed out that she is an immigrant, that her mother in law was an immigrant. That she seems to be a mother that wants to do right by her child - to set a good example and then gave some examples of things that are happening that aren't. I'm sure I'll be on some watch list now, but that may distract them from all the other harm they're doing.

Another sign that Bannon is the one calling the shots:

The White House is defending the statement it released on International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Friday that had no mention of the 6 million Jews that were killed.

Hope Hicks, the Donald Trump administration spokeswoman, told CNN that, "despite what the media reports, we are an incredibly inclusive group and we took into account all of those who suffered."

Other than having no mention of the 6 million Jews killed, the statement also failed to mention anti-Semitism.

Link

If you want a disturbing read:

Trial Balloon for a Coup

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.gan0h1thx

OK, I'm interested in knowing who this author is.

This piece is written very well. But, it is written in a way that I would need one hell of a lot of fact checking to go along with this to start getting alarmed by what it says.

If it wasn't about Trump, I would assume it was a piece Bannon put out himself.