Trump's America

zoogs

There is nothing racist about the statement and its meaning "Build the wall!" assuming it is said with regard to the federal government completing the border wall / fence between the U.S. and Mexico. Absolutely nothing racist about it. It is federal law and has been for many years, although it has never been completed due to elected officials playing political games.

Preventing unlawful invasions of foreign persons into our Nation is a fundamental part of our being a sovereign nation and protecting the country and all its citizens from intruders of any kind. The border fence/wall/mote/mine field or any other means of ensuring that no persons or vehicles or other physical intrusions into American territory from without the borders is just simpler and much less costly that requiring 24/7/365 guarding using military or other means. We monitor and patrol using the coast guard all of our coastlines etc as well as the Canadian border. This is critical to our national security. There are many many reasons which should be obvious to most I would think but it seems that to some folks, protecting our country is just not politically correct and in fact may be 'racist' or some other kind of social crime against humanity.

The first and foremost responsibility of government is to safeguard all the persons and property of the nation against unlawful attacks, assualts, etc etc. and to make sure no American citizens are put in undue harm as a result.

Unguarded borders or uncontrolled entry by anyone into the country poses threats and risks of:

- disease and sickness to people, plants and animals and so on

- contraband and illegal products and materials coming in without appropriate taxes, inspections, quality and other assurances

- entry of foreign criminals seeking asylm or to hide from the home countries as criminals and other violators of foreign nations laws

- entry of persons without proper permits and licenses and payment of fees and other qualifications as set forth by American law

- the smuggling of people and goods (legal and otherwise) for profit or for use in all sorts of improper activites within the U.S.

- uncontrolled immigration of foreign persons into the country over burdens our social, governmental and other services and strains our domestic resources

- immigrants cross into the country obtain jobs and utilize other public and quasi public services without payment and take them away from citizens who have paid via taxes therefor.

- educational and medical and other services cannot deal with the unexpected workloadsand overcrowding created thereby

- city sewers, water, fire and other safety systems cannot cope with the load created with uncontrolled entry of foreigners

I can go on and on. The crime and burden on school and healthcare systems alone is more than enough reason to stop all new immigration for decades to come.

We saw the disaster that Miami, FL became with Castro's mariel boat lift inthe Carter Admin when Miami went from being a great vacation city to a drug infested vice den after thousands of Cuban prison inmates were literally dumped on Miami beach and were not stopped and returned to their island. Many Cubans are good people and many were wrongly imprisoned by Castro's evil regime but some were just plain rotten apples too. Crime such as rape, robbery, murder, drug smuggling etc skyrocketed. The TV show Miami Vice was born! LOL

• Fire 1

At the high school one district north of me:

Police and officials at Maple Grove Senior High say they've launched an investigation into racist, pro-Donald Trump graffiti.

The photos of the graffiti, which exploded on social media Wednesday, were apparently taken in a boys bathroom at the school. The messages appeared on a bathroom door and a toiletry cover. They include the words "#gobacktoafrica", "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica". It also included the pro-Trump messages "Trump Train" and "Make America Great Again".

The blurred words at the top of the picture say F**k N*****s. The first blurred hashtag says #f***allporchmonkeys

MGSH%20graffiti%20door%20blurred_1478736

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/maple-grove-hs-investigating-racist-graffiti/350560184

Ha ha! Because we all know that graffiti in a high school bathroom—probably written by a kid who has never voted—is representative of Trump supporters. Why would this be a thing in social media? What does it have to do with anything, other than proving that some high school kids are juvenile idiots? :lol:

You are not getting it! This kid was not a racist until TWO DAYS AGO!

You're not getting it.

Nobody is saying this kid wasn't a racist till two days ago. But, some people (maybe a very small minority) feel empowered to express and act out on their racism because Trump won.

Ridiculous. Maybe you're a CNN pollster because the logic is flawed.

Has anyone been in a college campus bathroom? Some of the language in there is repugnant and there are even racist things(yes, some idiots carve things into the side of the wall in men's bathroom at what is supposed to be an "enlightened" and "scholarly" institution).

And gasp.All this stuff was written before Trump became President...

Extrapolating what some dumb teenager wrote into that it applies to an entire political movement is about as offbase as it gets. There is NO evidence of this.

My Wife is a teacher, Some stupid 3rd grade kid got punched in the gut by another kid for calling him an n-word. Once again...this was before Trump was president.

• Fire 1

Higher standard of decency?

Is decency defined by the ability to talk with political correctness?

Are we not judged by deeds rather than words?

To the first question, no. Decency is defined by having compassion, empathy and respect towards people different than us, especially when those people have historically been on the losing side of the equation in America. Donald Trump has never exhibited this quality.

To the second question, we are judged by both. Donald Trump has a long history of deeds by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man, as well as a long history of words by which to judge him negatively in light of being a decent man.

Your argument is essentially (help me out if I am misunderstanding this), Donald Trump's warts of character aren't a big deal because there are a lot of plain everyday blue-collar Americans that have the same warts. My argument is, those people aren't the President with good reason associated towards the fact that they possess the ignorance or prejudices that they do.

Don't think I'm condemning Hank or Joe Schmoe - my family is full of them. I used to be one of them. I fully get the person that is and the place that person comes from, and I also would similarly lose my god damn mind if someone wanted to elect one of them to be the leader of the free world.

I guess I just like to think we are equal...don't you? I mean, once we are adults. Right?

We don't have equal levels of influence, at least.

It's so weird seeing the responses dismissing the actions we're seeing across the country right now. When I was a little kid, my mom wouldn't let me watch Power Rangers. Reason being, when I did, I'd turn into a damn monster ninja kicking all over the house breaking things, because I saw these cool big kids on TV that would morph and use karate to beat up bad guys.

I wasn't allowed to watch South Park either, because when I did, all the sudden I heard these crazy swear words used in a really funny way and I wanted to do that too.

I wasn't allowed to hang out with certain kids in our apartment complex because when I did, I'd become more antagonistic, violent sassy and rebellious.

I was taught to give sh#t to all my mom's biker friends every time they swore, because it would rub off on her and on me.

Is it really some ultra damn liberal argument to claim that people, especially youth, are influenced and emboldened by what they see and are exposed to?

It doesn't seem like a crazy leap of logic to me, at least, to see the connection between the President of the United States say, "Build a wall, they're sending over rapists", and "Ban all Muslims" and citizens ripping off hijabs, chanting at latinx kids at school or screaming at minorities to get out of this country.

Landlord,

You did not mis-understand me.

Look, I totally get your view point.

I am saying, the people of this country feel like DT is a closer fit to them than HC, BO and many other before them. Yes, DT has more $ (just a little) but his display of being fed up with status quo, is part of the phenomenum about this election. He represents everything "not politically correct" including and most importantly, the same ole politcally correct language that the majority of general public has grown weary of.

I really think this is election has (similarities) to when Ronald Regan was campaigning, where the general public (wanted extream change) so bad, that they we willing to elect an eloquent talking actor as our Commander and Chief. Those people were considered nuts at the time, but little did they know that RR would do as well as he did.

At the high school one district north of me:

Police and officials at Maple Grove Senior High say they've launched an investigation into racist, pro-Donald Trump graffiti.

The photos of the graffiti, which exploded on social media Wednesday, were apparently taken in a boys bathroom at the school. The messages appeared on a bathroom door and a toiletry cover. They include the words "#gobacktoafrica", "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica". It also included the pro-Trump messages "Trump Train" and "Make America Great Again".

The blurred words at the top of the picture say F**k N*****s. The first blurred hashtag says #f***allporchmonkeys

MGSH%20graffiti%20door%20blurred_1478736

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/maple-grove-hs-investigating-racist-graffiti/350560184

Ha ha! Because we all know that graffiti in a high school bathroomprobably written by a kid who has never votedis representative of Trump supporters. Why would this be a thing in social media? What does it have to do with anything, other than proving that some high school kids are juvenile idiots? :lol:

You are not getting it! This kid was not a racist until TWO DAYS AGO!

You're not getting it.

Nobody is saying this kid wasn't a racist till two days ago. But, some people (maybe a very small minority) feel empowered to express and act out on their racism because Trump won.

Has anyone been in a college campus bathroom? Some of the language in there is repugnant and there are even racist things(yes, some idiots carve things into the side of the wall in men's bathroom at what is supposed to be an "enlightened" and "scholarly" institution).

And gasp.All this stuff was written before Trump became President...

Extrapolating what some dumb teenager wrote into that it applies to an entire political movement is about as offbase as it gets. There is NO evidence of this.

My Wife is a teacher, Some stupid 3rd grade kid got punched in the gut by another kid for calling him an n-word. Once again...this was before Trump was president.

Shocking revelations right? Say it isn't so.

Coming to a theater near you, Real Life, Really Happens!

Corrective measure used to be, bar of soap rubbed across teeth, detentions, removal of privileges.

Today????

Yep, +1

So, hypothetically, is there any way whatsoever for any bad actions to ever be linked to Trump support over the next 4 years?

"Bad stuff happened before so obviously this bad stuff has nothing to do with it" doesn't really seem like an argument.

• Fire 3

So, hypothetically, is there any way whatsoever for any bad actions to ever be linked to Trump support over the next 4 years?

"Bad stuff happened before so obviously this bad stuff has nothing to do with it" doesn't really seem like an argument.

I am 100% sure, we will have real things (bad and also good) that we will link to DT. Book it!,

This however is a reach!

Of course it can...but don't get huffy when people with experience in the schools beat it up.

If you were using your video experience about a topic I would listen.

I don't have the burden of proof. This is still America right? This isn't Riyadh....evidence needs to be put forth.

You don't find it the least bit ridiculous to say that one dumb kid who can't vote(and probably can't drive) wrote something racist might be directly linked to a Trump Presidency? Some that I witnessed almost every day going to a University.

What about the inner city kids saying those awful words in 3rd grade? I don't think the inner city is a friend of Trump right now.

Where is the correlation? I want to see some Regression analysis from the astute observers that tell me since we don't have proof that it is NOT linked then there is reason to think that it is.

My 7 year old daughter went into a bathroom at the park this weekend and said this when she came out, "Somebody wrote all over the walls in there and one spot said, 'Justin Bieber sucks big hairy balls." I'm not sure I ever laughed so hard before, it was a special moment in my life.

• Fire 2

My 7 year old daughter went into a bathroom at the park this weekend and said this when she came out, "Somebody wrote all over the walls in there and one spot said, 'Justin Bieber sucks big hairy balls." I'm not sure I'm ever laughed so hard before, it was a special moment in my life.

LOL that's awesome.

You're right about not having the burden of proof - I'm mostly just asking if you're open to a possible conclusion as time goes on that does show correlation. Nothing will ever be proven conclusively, I'd imagine, because in a country of 300 million people with social media and the 24-hour news cycle there are literally billions of extenuating factors and contextual circumstances that can be seen as scapegoats or influencing elements, but at the same time, how can someone make an affirmative claim that there isn't a connection when millions of blacks, muslims, latinx's, etc. are experiencing real fear and prejudice (at least real per their experience)?

• Fire 1