Trump's America

zoogs

Nah. I too mourn the loss of representation for center-right moderate conservatives.

As to what you said above, I too have no idea what is wrong with him. Some of the excerpts from this paint the picture of an embarrassingly childish and possibly mentally unstable president:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/826950828699373570

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

------“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center. Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admissions of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”

-----Even in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. U.S. officials said that he used his calls with both Turnbull and Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

-----“I don’t want these people,” Trump said. He repeatedly misstated the number of refugees called for in the agreement as 2,000 rather than 1,250, and told Turnbull that it was “my intention” to honor the agreement, a phrase designed to leave the U.S. president wiggle room to back out of the deal in the future, according to a senior U.S. official.Turnbull told Trump that to honor the agreement, the United States would not have to accept all of the refugees but only to allow them each through the normal vetting procedures. At that, Trump vowed to subject each refu­gee to “extreme vetting,” the senior U.S. official said.

Trump was also skeptical because he did not see a specific advantage the United States would gain by honoring the deal, officials said.

------

Trump made the call to Turnbull about 5 p.m. Saturday from his desk in the Oval Office, where he was joined by chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, national security adviser Michael Flynn and White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

At one point, Turnbull suggested that the two leaders move on from their impasse over refugees to discuss the conflict in Syria and other pressing foreign issues. But Trump demurred and ended the call, making it far shorter than his conversations with Shinzo Abe of Japan, Angela Merkel of Germany, François Hollande of France or Putin.

I mean, who the F says these things to an ally and/or treats them like that?

And, of course, President Bannon has to be there to curate everything.

Gosh, excerpts like these are really disheartening for anyone hoping Trump will learn to be diplomatic.

Please tell me this is fake news. Is it possible this is remotely true? No way in hell he had a discussion like that with the PM of Australia. If so, I seriously think he wants to be impeached. No way even the most hardcore supporter of his can think this behavior is acceptable.

David Duke is still very happy with Trump

That behavior isn't acceptable, how the hell do you argue with Australia, and I've got nothing good to say about David Duke. I'd love to meet him face-to-face in a dark ally. He'd fall........several times.............and bump his head.

• Fire 5

Nah. I too mourn the loss of representation for center-right moderate conservatives.

As to what you said above, I too have no idea what is wrong with him. Some of the excerpts from this paint the picture of an embarrassingly childish and possibly mentally unstable president:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/826950828699373570

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.------“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center. Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admissions of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”

-----Even in conversations marred by hostile exchanges, Trump manages to work in references to his election accomplishments. U.S. officials said that he used his calls with both Turnbull and Peña Nieto to mention his election win or the size of the crowd at his inauguration.

-----“I don’t want these people,” Trump said. He repeatedly misstated the number of refugees called for in the agreement as 2,000 rather than 1,250, and told Turnbull that it was “my intention” to honor the agreement, a phrase designed to leave the U.S. president wiggle room to back out of the deal in the future, according to a senior U.S. official.Turnbull told Trump that to honor the agreement, the United States would not have to accept all of the refugees but only to allow them each through the normal vetting procedures. At that, Trump vowed to subject each refu­gee to “extreme vetting,” the senior U.S. official said.Trump was also skeptical because he did not see a specific advantage the United States would gain by honoring the deal, officials said.------Trump made the call to Turnbull about 5 p.m. Saturday from his desk in the Oval Office, where he was joined by chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, national security adviser Michael Flynn and White House press secretary Sean Spicer.At one point, Turnbull suggested that the two leaders move on from their impasse over refugees to discuss the conflict in Syria and other pressing foreign issues. But Trump demurred and ended the call, making it far shorter than his conversations with Shinzo Abe of Japan, Angela Merkel of Germany, François Hollande of France or Putin.

I mean, who the F says these things to an ally and/or treats them like that?

And, of course, President Bannon has to be there to curate everything.

Gosh, excerpts like these are really disheartening for anyone hoping Trump will learn to be diplomatic.

Please tell me this is fake news. Is it possible this is remotely true? No way in hell he had a discussion like that with the PM of Australia. If so, I seriously think he wants to be impeached. No way even the most hardcore supporter of his can think this behavior is acceptable.

David Duke is still very happy with Trump

Well yeah, but when I said "supporter", to me that implies a human being and that would rule out double D along with any other obviously racist pos's. I discount anybody that is that detestable.

So, he threatens Australia, Mexico and Iran in the same day, and tells Droopy Dog McConnell to go ahead and cheat to get his nominees AND his SCOTUS pick appointed.

Some of us knew this going in.

• Fire 1

I don't know what this is. IF TRUE, this is chilling. There should be a barrier between the military and civilian politics. The military serves to uphold the Constitution and protect the citizenry. It does not, or should not, get involved in politics. AT ALL.

Navy looks into Trump-flag convoy

The Navy is investigating whether the mysterious convoy of military vehicles seen flying a Donald Trump flag Sunday in Louisville were, in fact, its trucks.

Lt. Mary Kate Walsh, a Navy spokeswoman at the Pentagon, said Tuesday that it would be “strange for us to have Humvees” but that the Navy Facilities Engineering Command, which controls the motor pool, is investigating.

The four trucks bear numbers that match up with those designated for Navy light trucks in a military guide known as “Management of Civil Engineering Support Equipment.”

Jamie Davis, a Defense Department spokesman, told the Courier-Journal on Monday that he thought the vehicles were military surplus and privately owned.

It was a Navy SEAL unit that was flying this flag. Sooooo, someone want to go and tell them they can't do that? I'm busy...........:lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/military-convoy-flying-trump-flag-belonged-seal-unit/story?id=45207477

Yeah, it's terrifying, isn't it?

We depend on so many people in different positions to observe norms and uphold the system. If more and more start to flagrantly flout this, the question indeed becomes who's going to stop them? See: federal court ordering stay.

I don't know what this is. IF TRUE, this is chilling. There should be a barrier between the military and civilian politics. The military serves to uphold the Constitution and protect the citizenry. It does not, or should not, get involved in politics. AT ALL.

Navy looks into Trump-flag convoy

The Navy is investigating whether the mysterious convoy of military vehicles seen flying a Donald Trump flag Sunday in Louisville were, in fact, its trucks.

Lt. Mary Kate Walsh, a Navy spokeswoman at the Pentagon, said Tuesday that it would be “strange for us to have Humvees” but that the Navy Facilities Engineering Command, which controls the motor pool, is investigating.

The four trucks bear numbers that match up with those designated for Navy light trucks in a military guide known as “Management of Civil Engineering Support Equipment.”

Jamie Davis, a Defense Department spokesman, told the Courier-Journal on Monday that he thought the vehicles were military surplus and privately owned.

It was a Navy SEAL unit that was flying this flag. Sooooo, someone want to go and tell them they can't do that? I'm busy........... :lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/military-convoy-flying-trump-flag-belonged-seal-unit/story?id=45207477

I haven't had a chance to see if the SEALs involved have made any statements about it. There is more to this story and I'd like to hear it before passing judgment.

If someone has to talk to them about why this can be dangerous, I'll do it. SEALs or not, that can't happen. There absolutely has to be a separation between politics and the military. I'm not afraid of the SEALs. They're here to protect me, and I trust them.

• Fire 2

This... is not what Trump should be commenting on.

"Hey Donald I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job," said Schwarzenegger in a video. "And then people can finally sleep comfortable again. Hmm?"

Link

• Fire 3

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-threatens-to-defund-berkeley-after-violent-protests-force-cancellation-of-breitbart-editors-speech-145048174.html

I'm fine with protests, obviously I'm not okay with riots. This seems a little extreme to threaten this University with this type of action over something they couldn't control and just happened. :facepalm:

The riots are indeed awful and ugly, but from what I've read it seems like it was an opportunistic anarchist group that took advantage of the peaceful protests. People like that frustrate me more than almost anyone else, because they delegitimize the actions of others in the eyes of people who don't agree with them.

• Fire 1

This... is not what Trump should be commenting on.

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/827217967377027072

"Hey Donald I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job," said Schwarzenegger in a video. "And then people can finally sleep comfortable again. Hmm?"

Link
If it were constitutional I would love to see that happen. I don't agree with all of political Arnold's ideas, but he's a pretty smart guy. He's been successful at almost everything he's done.