Trump's America

zoogs

Ridiculous. Maybe you're a CNN pollster because the logic is flawed.

Has anyone been in a college campus bathroom? Some of the language in there is repugnant and there are even racist things(yes, some idiots carve things into the side of the wall in men's bathroom at what is supposed to be an "enlightened" and "scholarly" institution).

My 7 year old daughter went into a bathroom at the park this weekend and said this when she came out, "Somebody wrote all over the walls in there and one spot said, 'Justin Bieber sucks big hairy balls." I'm not sure I ever laughed so hard before, it was a special moment in my life.

I +1 you but just an FYI, the quote above was not my quote! , so I am not sure why that looks like it does? Ha, :)

It's not my quote I say! I didn't do it!

I am a bit surprised that so many folks find it hard to believe a racist/bigoted/misogynist segment of the population now feels emboldened that Trump won. Trump has actively supported/advocated disenfranchising a large portion of our population with a number of his statements. Is it really a stretch that people more racist/bigoted/misogynistic than Trump are acting out more than they were a week ago?

Outside of the increased number of discriminatory events in schools that I have heard about first-hand, what would it take to acknowledge there is a possible correlation?

I know of two people released from employment since the election for discussing what Trump was going to do to immigrants/Muslims/women. One told Muslim coworkers they will be sent back to Afghanistan. The other told a woman about to go on maternity leave how Trump is going to flush her out of the workplace.

At a hospital, a Police Officer was sent home today for preaching Trump's immigration policies to hospital staff (Nurses & Dr's) after being warned to leave them be.

In the next neighborhood over from me, there is an African Dr that lives in a well-off gated community. This morning a sign was in his yard that Trump is sending the N*****s like him back to Africa. The all-white police department refuses to investigate since it appears a resident placed the sign.

These are all idiots acting out but to say this would have happened without Trump is ridiculous.

I know of 2 naturalized citizens that hired attorneys this week to protect their citizenship. These are smart, educated people that are in fear of being deported. For a large portion of our population, they are legitimately in fear for their safety now. Marginalizing their fears as unfounded only emboldens the risk facing them.

• Fire 3

I am a bit surprised that so many folks find it hard to believe a racist/bigoted/misogynist segment of the population now feels emboldened that Trump won. Trump has actively supported/advocated disenfranchising a large portion of our population with a number of his statements. Is it really a stretch that people more racist/bigoted/misogynistic than Trump are acting out more than they were a week ago?

Outside of the increased number of discriminatory events in schools that I have heard about first-hand, what would it take to acknowledge there is a possible correlation?

I know of two people released from employment since the election for discussing what Trump was going to do to immigrants/Muslims/women. One told Muslim coworkers they will be sent back to Afghanistan. The other told a woman about to go on maternity leave how Trump is going to flush her out of the workplace.

At a hospital, a Police Officer was sent home today for preaching Trump's immigration policies to hospital staff (Nurses & Dr's) after being warned to leave them be.

In the next neighborhood over from me, there is an African Dr that lives in a well-off gated community. This morning a sign was in his yard that Trump is sending the N*****s like him back to Africa. The all-white police department refuses to investigate since it appears a resident placed the sign.

These are all idiots acting out but to say this would have happened without Trump is ridiculous.

I know of 2 naturalized citizens that hired attorneys this week to protect their citizenship. These are smart, educated people that are in fear of being deported. For a large portion of our population, they are legitimately in fear for their safety now. Marginalizing their fears as unfounded only emboldens the risk facing them.

Everyone recognizes that we will have the ass holes that act out the way you are describing. Trump did not create them however and they are acting out on the hate or ill that they always have had within.

Yep, Trump is the president elect, but he is not Jesus or the messiah, (not without faults) so while we can have empathy for such incidents, recognize and try to educate those types to become better, lets just be sure we give the same courtesies that was given to the BLM movement by some, insuring the individual actions were not tied to the entity.

As for people being removed from jobs, pushed to leave work, sounds to me like the employers are doing things as they should. This too will pass as people become wiser to what is the red line. Won't make those types of people all the sudden have a change of heart, but the evil doers will be dealt with and those who are just, will be served well. Not 100% of the time, but a majority of the time. Evil is evil and it finds a home no matter where you are!

Everyone recognizes that we will have the ass holes that act out the way you are describing. Trump did not create them however and they are acting out on the hate or ill that they always have had within.

That is pretty much all people have said in this thread. Trump did not make them racist. But, they feel emboldened to now be able to be open about their racism.

Not sure what the argument is here.

• Fire 1

That is pretty much all people have said in this thread. Trump did not make them racist. But, they feel emboldened to now be able to be open about their racism.

Not sure what the argument is here.

Not arguing, just discussing.

I guess I just don't see such a bleak outlook. I think in 4 years, we will all be either better off, the same or worse off. At such a point, we can decide if we really have the candidates worthy of our vote once again, The world will keep spinning and would have with HC behind the wheel too, but all the gloom and doom being spewed is odd at best.

I could post this in any thread talking about election, but this is as good as any:

The election of Donald Trump will do more damage to the Republican Party and the conservative movement than a Hillary Clinton presidency could have ever done.

He and his followers are a caricature of what liberals have always thought about Republicans and conservatives; and now they can point to Trump and this followers as their "proof."

Very sad.

I could post this in any thread talking about election, but this is as good as any:

The election of Donald Trump will do more damage to the Republican Party and the conservative movement than a Hillary Clinton presidency could have ever done.

He and his followers are a caricature of what liberals have always thought about Republicans and conservatives; and now they can point to Trump and this followers as their "proof."

Very sad.

Possibly!

Or he could be the best president ever or the worst or right in the middle

Very sad.

I see this, in a make-the-best-of-things sense, as an opportunity.

Peel away, work together. Don't let him remake the party in this image. It takes a movement falling in line on these counts to damage their own image.

You're right about not having the burden of proof - I'm mostly just asking if you're open to a possible conclusion as time goes on that does show correlation. Nothing will ever be proven conclusively, I'd imagine, because in a country of 300 million people with social media and the 24-hour news cycle there are literally billions of extenuating factors and contextual circumstances that can be seen as scapegoats or influencing elements, but at the same time, how can someone make an affirmative claim that there isn't a connection when millions of blacks, muslims, latinx's, etc. are experiencing real fear and prejudice (at least real per their experience)?

I'm open to anything. I am not denying there are racists in this country(in the ranks of both political parties) but it is completely overblown by the media which leads to a bigger downward spiral. there are actions and there are reactions. Unfortunately in this world every radical action hits back with a radical reaction. We can see this with the past 4 presidents. Bush is a reaction to the Clinton presidency, Obama is a reaction to the Bush presidency, & the Trump presidency is a reaction to the Obama administration.

Of course I am sympathetic to the Hispanic community. It may not show on the web but I am a full blooded Hispanic who is the son of an Immigrant. Experiences are different for everyone but you need to understand the ACTION that has caused backlash. No one seems interested in looking at both sides. It is survival of the fittest right now with low wages. Tough times to be in the working class and there is a lot of anger. That is NOT really about race that is about wages.

You have a large number of well meaning people crossing the border to make a life for their family and just trying to survive. The problem in this country is that this exploits their labor and drives down the wages of the people in this country Who wins? The Rich and powerful. I drove through Hollywood this year and the freakin' hypocrisy is unbelievable. It is like a lower class of human out there that are used only for their cheap labor. Workers rights get worse for both the exploited illegal and the exploited legal worker.

I don't know why you bring up blacks....That is something different and has nothing to do with Trump. We can talk about that if you want but that is its own complicated and sordid mess that goes back a ways.

Muslims are also a long complicated story as well. The problem is the Diaspora talk. People don't live in a vacuum. Not only have Americans seen Diaspora affect their communities up close(See the complete and systematic destruction of Detroit) but they also look at what is going on in Europe. I can condemn the reactions that some of these people have but some of the actions being put into place by people are just as much to blame if you look at it.

If people can look past the nonsense and rhetoric and try to understand each other and where people are coming from then maybe the radicalism on both sides will die down.

Unfortunately, opportunists and hoaxers come out of the woodwork, casting suspicion on possibly legitimate offenses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-student-attacked-university-of-louisiana-lafayette_us_58227f5fe4b0d9ce6fbfc2b1

"Police Say Woman Made Up Story Of Attack By Two Men, One Wearing A Trump Hat (UPDATE)"

This is the kinda of crap that causes a reaction. The reaction being that no one will listen to the boy who cried wolf when it is legit.

Stupid people will cause more extremism.

Haven't read any of the news. Just what's on this board.

What I find interesting is the people saying Trump is in no way to blame for any of it, even emboldening people, is that those people make up a large subset of the same group of people who put most/all of the blame for division in America on Obama.

Self-awareness isn't a trait found in everyone.

• Fire 1