Trump's America

zoogs

You are correct, but I misstyped and meant to say Obama did not have all of this media hate this fast. It comes with every president, but this is the most I have seen hate toward a president in a while- in this short amount of time. Go back to the 1860 election to find all of this disagreement/ hate toward a potus right as he gets elected.

Is that not directly proportional to the amount of that hate flowing from Trump?

He doesn't get a Get Out of Jail Free card after demonizing and lashing out at anyone who does fall in behind him. It's been almost two years straight at this point.

The media is adversarial with him because he's been instigating it for that entire time. I shudder to think where we'd be if the Fourth Estate had rolled over and licked the boots of the guy who's branded them:

• Fake News
  • Disgusting
  • Dishonest
  • Nasty
  • Liars
  • Failing
  • Unfair
  • In the pocket of his opponents
  • Deliberately ignoring terrorism (!)
  • Out to take shots at him
  • Inaccurate
  • Dishonorable

...and suggested he was going to try to use his power as presence to target them by "opening up the libel laws".

He also openly spits on the truth, which is supposed to be the entire purpose of the media.

Obama certainly didn't ride in on this heart, even if he started making lighthearted jokes about Fox News eventually.

I personally think he's earned the treatment he's gotten.

You are correct, but I misstyped and meant to say Obama did not have all of this media hate this fast. It comes with every president, but this is the most I have seen hate toward a president in a while- in this short amount of time. Go back to the 1860 election to find all of this disagreement/ hate toward a potus right as he gets elected.

You didn't mistype. You said something that was a lie, and you got called on it.

I guess he is disrespectful to the press, but no one talks about all the hate filled shots they take at him too. It goes both ways for the media and the potus.

1. Not only is he disrespectful to the press, he is also disrespectful to Democrats, Mexicans, Muslims, women, the disabled, blacks, and literally anyone who says or does anything critical of him.

2. Can you link me to an actual news organization taking hate filled shots at Trump? I'll wait. If you can find me anything more egregious than bartisan reporting and opinion pieces detailing the President's insecurities, incompetence and ego, I'll be impressed and change my tune. Please. Give me some links.

The criticism is commensurate with the actions that have warranted it.

This is the danger in assuming we simply have strong institutions that will save us. There is a very strong, even overpowering sense of dignity and normalcy we attach to the office -- even when it is occupied by a fiend who is intent on destroying any institution that opposes him.

We have enough forces that push us to bury critical thinking away into faraway, inactive portions of our minds and simply carry on, saying to ourselves that this is all normal.

You didn't mistype. You said something that was a lie, and you got called on it.

I guess he is disrespectful to the press, but no one talks about all the hate filled shots they take at him too. It goes both ways for the media and the potus.

1. Not only is he disrespectful to the press, he is also disrespectful to Democrats, Mexicans, Muslims, women, the disabled, blacks, and literally anyone who says or does anything critical of him.

2. Can you link me to an actual news organization taking hate filled shots at Trump? I'll wait. If you can find me anything more egregious than bartisan reporting and opinion pieces detailing the President's insecurities, incompetence and ego, I'll be impressed and change my tune. Please. Give me some links.

Wow ok plz don't try to get into the "liar" argument. I posted before editing that part and that is my bad. If you want to think I lied fine, but its also my right to say it was a simple mistake.

1 I guess he is so disrespectful toward democrats because he donated to a campaign a while back. Yes he is unfair toward the illegal immigrants because they should not be here! I do not see him being critical to all those twitter people who take shots at him after he tweets. You say anyone, and people on twitter or others on the internet are critical of him and I do not see him calling them out.

As for number two here is an article that seems to be neutral from what I read

http://heatst.com/politics/donald-trump-media-unfair/

It does not go to the hate per say but it depicts how unfair the media has been to him in some instances.

I'm not saying you lied, as I could easily believe that you really believe what you said, but it is false.

As far as your article, let's break down the examples and see if they are hate-filled shots:

1. ABC's tweet that said, "Top Trump adviser Giuliani: "Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman?""

^ They explained who the person was, and then they QUOTED him. What he said, exactly, verbatim. You can accuse this of being deliberately misleading, if you want to, but hate-filled? Please.

2. WLWT's tweet that said, "Trump criticized for suggesting veterans with PTSD are weak http://dlvr.it/MNjZHq "

^ This could have been worded better, but they are reporting on the criticism, not on the actual comments themselves. I fail to see any hate, here.

3. The New York Times article that records Trump's business struggles in the 90's. It leads with the account/recollection of a Trump executive who is now a felon, yes, but his testimony is not what the article's foundational argument is based off of. The article details the numbers, ie, the facts, of Trump declaring nearly 1 billion dollars in losses, and uses the personal account to flesh out the story. If you want to disagree on the style in which they went about this, fine, but hate filled? What exactly is hateful?

I am still free guys how about you? I do not think a lot of people are going to ever give this guy a chance so he will probably be ridiculed for every thing he does to make this place safe to live. The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama. I am not ashamed that I voted for him and yea he should care less about people dropping Ivanka's line who cares. If they want to drop it cause they are jealous so be it there are far more important things to be done right now. He still gets his four years to be potus, so those of you that are angry will still have him as your potus. One thing we need to do is not try and separate or not allow people who voted for him to be ridiculed, that is just ridiculous. The Toby Keith thing is unfair not allowing someone to perform because he performed for the president at his inauguration is absurd. All people are doing are segregating and separating themselves form others which is not what this country is about. We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him. We all get to live the American dream, so why try and make someone feel bad about their American dream?

Incomes the disagreements, but can we all agree that no matter what opinion we have we are all a part of ONE country. Put aside the labels etc and try to relate to what I am saying, think how much better this country can be if You strive to make the place you live better then when you found it.

I think people should be held accountable for their vote, or lack there of. I don't let Landlord off the hook for not voting, and he doesn't complain about it, he explains his reasoning. If you voted for Trump you were blind if you didn't see this coming.

I was willing to give him a chance, but he began to botch that during his inauguration. He continues to alienate over half the country, insinuating they were his enemy during his inauguration ball. He has time to shoot out whiny tweets but he can't fulfill a call with foreign leaders, or be bothered with long briefs and memos. He doesn't even know what he signes in his EOs, or what New START is. Ignorance is not something I want in my president...

Trump has screwed things up so good in the first few weeks his only redemption with the masses will be the economy, and I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

He's questioned our electoral process with out evidence, challenged the authority and dignity of the judicial branch, is calling legitimate news organizations fake because they report factual news about him, has said he will ruin a state senators career at a public meeting, has said any negative poll about him is fake, and those are all from the last week or so. Is this really our president?

Pelosi is an idiot who sometimes says smart things.

Please verify this claim.
It's just the way I feel, ok? I don't have time to post a link right now, but if you google it I'm sure you can find something smart she has said. Like we have to pass it to see what's in it. That was pretty smart! Nobody has time to read bills they vote on any way.

Holy crap - I'm just seeing some of the morning news appearances, Steve Miller scares the crap out of me. Perhaps that is what Bannon and the other Steve sound like, but his mechanical, maniacal escalating argument with George Stephanopoulous was really concerning. Because there will be people that believe him! Kudos for them cutting him off and clarifying the zero fact in his rant.

Then just saw this:

What's it gonna take folks? What are you doing where you are?