Trump's America

zoogs

Why is the media attacking Melania Trump for citing the Lords pray at the Florida rally?

Can you provide a link? Because 5 pages of google news searching shows zero news articles criticizing her, and only Fox News and alt-right sites claiming that people on social media criticized her for it - not the media.

• Fire 1

That's my fault I didn't mean to say media, had media on the brain with my previous comment in my post about the terror attacks.

Yes several twitter/Facebook warriors slamming Melania Trump for something so stupid it boggles my mind that some people would nit pick anything and everything a trump does or says.

I am still free guys how about you? I do not think a lot of people are going to ever give this guy a chance so he will probably be ridiculed for every thing he does to make this place safe to live. The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama. I am not ashamed that I voted for him and yea he should care less about people dropping Ivanka's line who cares. If they want to drop it cause they are jealous so be it there are far more important things to be done right now. He still gets his four years to be potus, so those of you that are angry will still have him as your potus. One thing we need to do is not try and separate or not allow people who voted for him to be ridiculed, that is just ridiculous. The Toby Keith thing is unfair not allowing someone to perform because he performed for the president at his inauguration is absurd. All people are doing are segregating and separating themselves form others which is not what this country is about. We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him. We all get to live the American dream, so why try and make someone feel bad about their American dream?

Incomes the disagreements, but can we all agree that no matter what opinion we have we are all a part of ONE country. Put aside the labels etc and try to relate to what I am saying, think how much better this country can be if You strive to make the place you live better then when you found it.

1. The media doesn't make Trump look terrible...Trump does that completely on his own; he references a terror attack in Sweden that never happened.

2. He makes ludicrous claims, such as: 1) he had the largest inauguration crowd ever, 2) it didn't rain during his speech, 3) calling any news story that is negative as "fake."

Your sentiment that "We are all part of ONE country..." is perfectly fine; however, perhaps you should tell Trump that. Tell him:

• America's people are black, brown, yellow, red, and white.
  • We are christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist, and many other religions; as well as agnostic, atheist and countless other belief or non-belief systems.
  • We are natives, immigrants, children of immigrants.
  • We are super-rich, rich, upper-middle class, middle class, lower middle class, and poor.
  • Some are straight, some are gay, some are transgender, some are queer, some are bisexual.
  • There are the highly educated, lowly educated, and varying levels in-between.

And finally, there are intersectionalities for many of us between two or more of these points.

He never once said terror attacks in regards about Sweden in his speech on Saturday in Florida....not once.

Why is the media attacking Melania Trump for citing the Lords pray at the Florida rally?

It's more the implication that something happened in Sweden on Friday. If he did not mention a specific day, and also expanded on the fact he was talking about the heightened immigration numbers of Sweden, then the press would not be as critical of his statement. The fact that this is the 3rd time that him or his WH team has mentioned something that either didn't happen (Bowling Green) or happened in another place (Atlanta vs Orlando) makes him seem incompetent.
So they jump to terror attacks?

That's my fault I didn't mean to say media, had media on the brain with my previous comment in my post about the terror attacks.

Yes several twitter/Facebook warriors slamming Melania Trump for something so stupid it boggles my mind that some people would nit pick anything and everything a trump does or says.

So kinda like the loonies did for everything Obama did? What say we just ignore the loonies, and not waste our time with them?
  • Fire 4

I am still free guys how about you? I do not think a lot of people are going to ever give this guy a chance so he will probably be ridiculed for every thing he does to make this place safe to live. The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama. I am not ashamed that I voted for him and yea he should care less about people dropping Ivanka's line who cares. If they want to drop it cause they are jealous so be it there are far more important things to be done right now. He still gets his four years to be potus, so those of you that are angry will still have him as your potus. One thing we need to do is not try and separate or not allow people who voted for him to be ridiculed, that is just ridiculous. The Toby Keith thing is unfair not allowing someone to perform because he performed for the president at his inauguration is absurd. All people are doing are segregating and separating themselves form others which is not what this country is about. We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him. We all get to live the American dream, so why try and make someone feel bad about their American dream?

Incomes the disagreements, but can we all agree that no matter what opinion we have we are all a part of ONE country. Put aside the labels etc and try to relate to what I am saying, think how much better this country can be if You strive to make the place you live better then when you found it.

1. The media doesn't make Trump look terrible...Trump does that completely on his own; he references a terror attack in Sweden that never happened.

2. He makes ludicrous claims, such as: 1) he had the largest inauguration crowd ever, 2) it didn't rain during his speech, 3) calling any news story that is negative as "fake."

Your sentiment that "We are all part of ONE country..." is perfectly fine; however, perhaps you should tell Trump that. Tell him:

• We are christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist, and many other religions; as well as agnostic, atheist and countless other belief or non-belief systems.
  • We are super-rich, rich, upper-middle class, middle class, lower middle class, and poor.
  • Some are straight, some are gay, some are transgender, some are queer, some are bisexual.

And finally, there are intersectionalities for many of us between two or more of these points.

He never once said terror attacks in regards about Sweden in his speech on Saturday in Florida....not once.

It's more the implication that something happened in Sweden on Friday. If he did not mention a specific day, and also expanded on the fact he was talking about the heightened immigration numbers of Sweden, then the press would not be as critical of his statement. The fact that this is the 3rd time that him or his WH team has mentioned something that either didn't happen (Bowling Green) or happened in another place (Atlanta vs Orlando) makes him seem incompetent.

He cited a specific day and mentioned it along with several cities that were recently hit by terrorist attacks. It doesn't take much of a leap to believe that he was referencing a terrorist attack.

• Fire 4

Below, the part I quoted from whateveritis was what I was getting at:

whateveritis1224 said: It's more the implication that something happened in Sweden on Friday. If he did not mention a specific day, and also expanded on the fact he was talking about the heightened immigration numbers of Sweden, then the press would not be as critical of his statement. The fact that this is the 3rd time that him or his WH team has mentioned something that either didn't happen (Bowling Green) or happened in another place (Atlanta vs Orlando) makes him seem incompetent.

​And

Lil' Red said: He cited a specific day and mentioned it along with several cities that were recently hit by terrorist attacks. It doesn't take much of a leap to believe that he was referencing a terrorist attack.

​Exactly.

The point is, and I sure as hell hope that all Trump supporters figure this out sooner, rather than later, Trump is embarrassing the United States on the world stage every time he opens his spew hole.

Referencing or hinting at incidents that NEVER happened, constantly citing Fox News/Fow and Friends, etc WITHOUT FIRST VERIFYING THE VALIDITY OF WHAT THEY SAY has got to stop.

Trump is, as referenced earlier within this thread, still holding campaign rallies...HOLY F'ING SH** DUDE, YOU'VE ALREADY WON THE PRESIDENCY, now do the damn job and try to be Presidential while doing it.

Landlord of Memorial Stadium said: Can you provide a link? Because 5 pages of google news searching shows zero news articles criticizing her, and only Fox News and alt-right sites claiming that people on social media criticized her for it - not the media.

Exactly, people on social media were saying that, NOT "the media."

when Trump starts acting like the President of the United States should act,

when he censors himself and verifies the facts of a situation before commenting on them,

when he stops using Twitter like a 13 year old girl to attack anyone who disagrees with him,

when he starts treating people with a shred of dignity,

When all those things start happening and become Trump's norm, then he'll get more respect, not only from the media, and the rest of the world, but from more than just his supporters.

This is getting ridiculous

Do you at all concede that Trump's referencing or hinting that "something happened in Sweden" while discussing immigrants from Islamic countries, when NOTHING HAPPENED is an embarrassment?

Do you concede that watching Trump in a press conference ask a black reporter to "set up a meeting" with the Congressional Black Caucus is wholly ridiculous? Not to mention pretty racist and condescending as well?

Has anything Trump said in the month he's been President now, caused you to say WTF? I sure hope in the privacy of your mind the answer is yes. Because if the answer, even privately, is yes, then there is hope for you.

Please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVmACwE8f4

Because John Oliver can phrase all this much better than I can.

There are loonies on social media that will passionately hate anything. Best not to pay attention to them, or use them as ammo to feel as if your side is superior, because they come in all shapes and sizes.

• Fire 1

To cite just one counter example, my trans friends are extremely stressed out about their basic health and life options at this point. They are quite right to be, IMO. Life was hard enough to navigate to begin with, and their options are poised to recede.

To cite just one counter example, my trans friends are extremely stressed out about their basic health and life options at this point. They are quite right to be, IMO. Life was hard enough to navigate to begin with, and their options are poised to recede.

But Fox News Melania rally the Lord's Prayer Benghazi emails.

Sorry, zoogs. all your concerns are invalid.

• Fire 2

Why is Trump holding rallies? The election is over. It's time to run the country.

I asked this question a couple days ago. Let me dig up the response you had for me

That is the extent of the man. He is not here to govern, he is here to have his ego stroked.

What in any of Trump's history shows us that he has ever, ever had any intention of being a civil servant? He's here to be lauded for being the Great and Powerful Trump. Period.

Does that help?

I had similar thoughts. Maybe it's silly they made a name for it but being stressed about it is not silly.

• Fire 1