Trump's America

zoogs

So why diagnose this ridiculous disorder now?

I just find this as another example of people not accepting the election outcome

Why diagnose any disorder?

Another example? Is there anyone actually saying they don't accept the election outcome?

Did you not see the Not My President protest/rallies yesterday....on Presidents Day lol
We just had eight years of "Not my president" protests about Obama.
Weird cause I don't remember daily rallies/protest to support this

Soooo......Obama was elected in 2008. Tea Party protests started in 2009.

Coincidence?

I just find this as another example of people not accepting the election outcome

Another example? Is there anyone actually saying they don't accept the election outcome?

Did you not see the Not My President protest/rallies yesterday....on Presidents Day lol

I did not see them. And I think that's stupid. You can oppose the President (or anyone or anything) but denying what happened is dumb.

This is getting ridiculous

To cite just one counter example, my trans friends are extremely stressed out about their basic health and life options at this point. They are quite right to be, IMO. Life was hard enough to navigate to begin with, and their options are poised to recede.
I had similar thoughts. Maybe it's silly they made a name for it but being stressed about it is not silly.
The name is silly, but being stressed about it, not at all. Watching Fox News (and to a much much smaller extent CNN when Don Lemon is on) stresses me out and gets my blood pressure up, because of the garabage they broadcast. That's why I don't watch that crap anymore, it offers me nothing in return for the stress it gives me.

Dewiz, are you saying it's wrong for people to feel stress over political issues? Issues that may impact them, their family, or friends?

This hasn't been the first presidential election where people have felt stressed over issues that may and could impact their lives let's not kid ourselves
So what's your issue then?

So basically you're upset because something that's been around for a long while has a name now?
  • Fire 2

What's changed?

Your best bet, if you are curious, is to ask a trans person. A big part of it is the looming ACA appeal and the protections that are set to disappear. Some of these people depend on hormone therapy; access to this varies widely by locale and severely limits their options for where to relocate. The Obama administration was boldly and energetically affirming of trans rights in a way that I think we all fully expected to look back on in ten, fifteen years as something that has to be qualified with "it was good for its time." Now, we are fast retreating.

My cousin who's gay and a drag queen still has the same rights now as he did a year ago.

If the people who are presently in power had their way, particularly with the Courts, it never would have come this far. These same people and their allies are working around the country to mitigate the effects of those SCOTUS cases.

The way I can see it, one of two arguments can be made: one can either try to make the case that Trump is somehow a passionate and energetic advocate of LGBTQIA rights, or decide that they themselves simply don't care about this stuff and never have. If the former, you (the general "you") will soon come to a point where you either embrace the idea of being permanently disingenuous, or recognize the bullsh#t and re-evaluate whether you should be supporting these guys. If the latter, wear it loud and proud, I guess, and take all the respect or lack thereof that comes with it.

• Fire 4

We just had eight years of "Not my president" protests about Obama.
Weird cause I don't remember daily rallies/protest to support this

8 years ago almost to the day

National_Protest_Against_Obama.png

• Fire 3