Trump's America

zoogs

Few thoughts.

- Am I the only person that just walks into a restroom, stares at the floor, pees and leaves?

- Is there empirical evidence suggesting that citizens are at risk in public bathrooms because of trans people?

- If someone is trans and walks into a bathroom and simply goes about their business, would you really know they were trans? And if you investigate to find out... wouldn't that make you the aggressor?

- If you really want to protect people, why does the scene below not concern you?

target-2-630.jpg

So a highly decorated military veteran who's also a Senator took that tweet out of context too? Maybe he's a right wacko? Next time Trump tweets or says something that's not welcomed on this board I'll simply say that you guys took it out of context. Maybe this Chris doofus should've just keep his discussion toward the parents rather than adding "maybe it's the 12 year olds fault".

I believe transgenders have a right to pee where they deem fits the gender they identify themselves as but I also can see where this could open up to endless possibilities of pedophiles, child molesters to take advantage of this. There have already been several incidents where a man exploited the new bathroom ordinance to attack women.

Is it wrong for parents especially fathers to be nervous about this topic?

Maybe they should remove the labels on restroom doors all together? Or maybe they should add another restroom only for transgenders?

If you have watched Como at all in interviews, he actually does a good job in taking the counter argument to whomever he is interviewing. It doesn't mean he believes it or agrees with the argument. But, if you pay attention it's easy to see he is doing it to challenge whomever he is interviewing. So...yes....taking something out of context that he asks in an interview is not something that is a valid point to get all worked up about.

Now...I don't know exactly where this quote came from to see if that is the situation.

• Fire 1

Few thoughts.

- Am I the only person that just walks into a restroom, stares at the floor, pees and leaves?

- Is there empirical evidence suggesting that citizens are at risk in public bathrooms because of trans people?

- If someone is trans and walks into a bathroom and simply goes about their business, would you really know they were trans? And if you investigate to find out... wouldn't that make you the aggressor?

- If you really want to protect people, why does the scene below not concern you?

target-2-630.jpg

I've thought this all along.

If I were a transgender person who identifies as female. I'm dressed as a female...etc. I go into a bathroom and go into a stall, pee, walk out, wash my hands (because everyone should) and then leave......how does anyone know I'm a transgender and how did I negatively affect anyone?

Now....I will say this. A locker room where everyone is walking around naked and showering is a place that really makes me cringe in this situation. And...not just for the people who are not transgender. I don't know the answer to this situation but, it seems like a very bad situation for everyone involved. In this case, I would have to probably decide the person should use the locker room that matches whatever their physical parts match.

Few thoughts.

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

How can any right minded person take that out of context?

Why don't you explain how, since you're doing it?

• Fire 4

Now....I will say this. A locker room where everyone is walking around naked and showering is a place that really makes me cringe in this situation. And...not just for the people who are not transgender. I don't know the answer to this situation but, it seems like a very bad situation for everyone involved. In this case, I would have to probably decide the person should use the locker room that matches whatever their physical parts match.

We have a couple of these situations locally, and when it comes to showering at PE and etc there is a private area for the student. (just like when I was in high school there was one for the girls who were more mature or when it was that time of the month).

As someone who is LBGTQIA, and who absolutely supports transgender people using the bathroom of the gender they identify as; I will also say this:

A locker room or shower should be off-limits, until said trans person has had gender confirming surgery.

As someone who is LBGTQIA, and who absolutely supports transgender people using the bathroom of the gender they identify as; I will also say this:

A locker room or shower should be off-limits, until said trans person has had gender confirming surgery.

Many places have family changing areas that can be used.

So a highly decorated military veteran who's also a Senator took that tweet out of context too? Maybe he's a right wacko? Next time Trump tweets or says something that's not welcomed on this board I'll simply say that you guys took it out of context. Maybe this Chris doofus should've just keep his discussion toward the parents rather than adding "maybe it's the 12 year olds fault".

I believe transgenders have a right to pee where they deem fits the gender they identify themselves as but I also can see where this could open up to endless possibilities of pedophiles, child molesters to take advantage of this. There have already been several incidents where a man exploited the new bathroom ordinance to attack women.

Is it wrong for parents especially fathers to be nervous about this topic?

Maybe they should remove the labels on restroom doors all together? Or maybe they should add another restroom only for transgenders?

1) Anyone can take something out of context.

2) Cuomo never said "maybe it's the 12 year olds fault".

3) Anyone can walk into any bathroom at any time, so banning a group isn't going to address molestation.

4) It's not wrong to be nervous about, question, or have an opinion about this topic. Talking about it openly is the only way we're going to figure it out.

5) There are a bunch of ways to address this if there's a real concern here. For example, single person bathrooms remove the need for gender identity completely. As another example, the rec center near me has a family locker room that's separate from the men's and women's locker rooms. It has small changing rooms with a shower and toilet in them.

• Fire 2

Since we're talking about transgender people and which restrooms they should use, here are some facts:

“In the 41 years I have been in law enforcement in South Carolina, I have never heard of a transgender person attacking or otherwise bothering someone in a restroom,” Sheriff Lott wrote in a letter to the committee studying the state’s bathroom bill. “This is a non-issue.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/18/opinion/transgender-bathroom-hysteria-contd.html?_r=0

I find it interesting at how religious conservatives, and to be fair liberal bigots, talk out of both sides of their mouth on this issue.

They'll claim that since trans people only make up a fraction of a percentage of the overall population, that they shouldn't have to cater to them.

Then, out of the other side of their mouth, claim there is a need for such a specific law to "protect women and children."

The link below is a good summation on what states are doing on both sides of the issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/us/transgender-bathroom-policies/

• Fire 1