Trump's America

zoogs

So... is Count banned-banned, or temporary banned? Because while I agree that post was off the rails, the ONLY way it differs from the intent of several other people on this board is terminology.

If Count is banned for that post, there should be at least three other people banned right now as well for the way they've been posting over the past year.

Further, if he's perma-banned, I would hope management considers the permissive nature of the last year as a factor. Count didn't suddenly decide on his own to start posting like that. He's got plenty of compadres who are posting the same thoughts, if not exactly the same terms. Permitting that kind of conversation for so long has to have been a factor in his decision to put that on this board.

• Fire 1

I don't disagree about Count. I like him. I disagree that this post was directed to nobody in particular. That was a wild, hostile invective directed at a lot of people. If that were his first post, it would be the kind of ugly nonsense that's ban on sight. As it was, it took his warning as well as his recent history to have added up to this. It's a shame :(

So, by virtue of what you stated herein, I take it you are saying its a permaban? Or, is this not being inferred?

So... is Count banned-banned, or temporary banned? Because while I agree that post was off the rails, the ONLY way it differs from the intent of several other people on this board is terminology.

If Count is banned for that post, there should be at least three other people banned right now as well for the way they've been posting over the past year.

I don't really disagree with this. I prefer someone who comes around here making one post swearing and acting like an a**hat to people who don't swear and make multiple posts a day acting like a**hats.

However AR made a point to say he had many warnings.

Jeezus Moiraine, the term Obama Phone was a joke but not entirely. What I mean by this is, society (while some think has evolved into a more intelligent people), has lost its backbone and the drive to be the best. They are satisfied with arguing about how we should make a our country better and bitch an moan about everything, while hold out their hands to other (including the government) to help them out, supply them with something or just simply (Receiving their participation trophy).

I am just amazed how people dissect every word of someone's post and place a specific meaning to it. Can't anyone say anything anymore or share an opinion without there being a conspiracy? Moiraine, you made the comment in the other thread about Christmas that was spot on, regarding the thread and the point of how saying Merry Christmas wasn't that big of a deal. But since it was the topic, people were making it more than they really care for real.

In conclusion:

I have no axe to grind with anyone here (Mods/posters/other) but if Count is banned for good, you may as well ban me too, because I do not believe his situation is any worse than what I have read from others, and since this is my belief, obvioulsy I share some of his frustraitions and views with regards to where we are as a country, and you don't need my input to cause rifts in the HB

• Fire 2

There isn't really much evidence for your first paragraph or any of Count's rant.

Which is your opinion that you are entitled to have and share.

So, now what?

Provide evidence or don't.

People who make vague statements about how terrible and lazy people are and how things aren't like they used to be almost never show any evidence of this. Hell, here's some evidence for the opposite:

20150421_Working_Hours_Forbes.jpg

p-1-Real-GDP-per-Hour-Worked-line-from19

gdp-phw-asia.png?w=700

This is probably what makes people mad, but over the history of the world, China has always caught back up or been on top. History repeats itself.

ac7146a4226663395ab3884325c96cfc.jpg

Here's another good one:

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-20%20at%209.37.5

• Fire 2

There have only been about 3 posters actively supportive of Trump on this board. Count was one of them. The language and demeanor in which he has been posting the last few months provided the opportunity some had been waiting for to get things rebalanced to 98-2 instead of the unacceptable 97-3 odds. Plus he did use that one word that shall not be mentioned. Voldemort has nothing on that one.

Not saying I agree at all but that is how it appears to me. Tread lightly if you want to speak out against the left.

• Fire 1

Not saying I agree at all but that is how it appears to me. Tread lightly if you want to speak out against the left.

This is just such nonsense. The vast majority of people on this board are Moderates, who want nothing more than to talk about facts, but the die-hard Rights label everyone who isn't in line with their point of view "Left" or "liberal."

Stop with the persecution complex.

• Fire 3

There have only been about 3 posters actively supportive of Trump on this board. Count was one of them. The language and demeanor in which he has been posting the last few months provided the opportunity some had been waiting for to get things rebalanced to 98-2 instead of the unacceptable 97-3 odds. Plus he did use that one word that shall not be mentioned. Voldemort has nothing on that one.

Count wasn't banned because he was pro-Trump. Count was banned because he was being a demonstrative, aggressive ass. I spend just as much time in here as anyone, and get accused of being 'a liberal' just as much as anyone, and I have no problem with Trump voters. Many of my family and college friends voted for Trump.

What I'm going to fight against, every time, is people who have no ability to be gracious or to listen while talking with people who disagree. You don't even have to be great at those things - just be neutral. Count wasn't neutral, he was passionately anti-those sentiments and did little other than seek to stir up conflict.

A few years ago he was one of my favorite posters. We've even shared beers, and I've let him park trailers at my place for temporary storage. No idea what happened to the guy. He turned into a really nasty online presence.

• Fire 2

FWIW, I didn't report Count either. I saw his post, figured he was throwing a few back like a ton of other Big Red fans before kickoff, and assumed he had one too many and decided to vent in the P&R section. I don't know why he decided to, but for whatever reason he did. I just left a snarky smiley as a response and moved on.

The post itself is pretty indicative of the problem lots of people have with Trump supporters: They're rude, overly aggressive, and want to ram offensive garbage down your throat with no one complaining about it. Not saying Count himself is like that, but that post definitely was, and he's been doing some very obvious pro-Trump trolling lately.

The irony of course is that this brand of Trump supporter wants to be able to say whatever they want ("tell it like it is") but IMMEDIATELY get defensive and upset when someone pushes back on it. That seems to hint at the desire for a safe space, which is what they were arguing against in the first place. It's a stupid circular argument to make.

I don't care if Count (or anyone else) doesn't like Obama or his policies. That's just a political opinion, and nobody should have a problem with that. But the crux of his argument was what bothered me: Trump is great and eventually you'll all just have to shut up and get on board because he won. Screw that. The reason this board skews so heavily anti- (or at least skeptical of) Trump is that most all of us have a problem with either Trump as a human being, Trump's policies, or both. We're not willing to overlook our legit beefs with those two components, forget them, and just give the guy a clean slate. A very select few of us ARE willing to do that, and that's their choice. But the rest of us are just supposed to swallow our concerns and start adoring this man who has made NO ATTEMPT to mend those bridges himself and instead chooses to antagonize those who are fearful or distrusting of him?

He's acting like a small child in mocking those who are fearful or concerned about him, and his followers follow suit.

Anyway, I hope it is temporary. I like Count, even if we disagree politically. However, the post in question definitely warranted some type of action, and he should be mindful to respectful of others and try to keep profanity to a minimum on our board.

• Fire 1

I will agree that Count's posting changed significantly over the past months. He did become more aggressive and seemed to not want to engage in conversation as much as he wanted to incite a reaction. We don't really know what all goes into forming others opinions and actions here on HB. All we can do is hazard some guesses and make some assumptions based on what they do post. I picture Count as being one of the millions that voted for Trump because he was fed up with working harder and having less to show for that effort. I've tried to make that point countless (no pun intended) times previously on this board, that Trump was elected because of dissatisfaction with the status quo and not because anyone particularly liked what he stood for. The majority hereabouts routinely would igore that narrative and focus on the worst aspects of Trump and some of his supporters. I imagine that, at some point, if a person decides Trump is their best option that they will out of necessity begin to support him. Considering the vast majority of active posters on this board deemed him the Antichrist and ceaselessly condemn everything about him, it isn't hard to see how a person who feels he was their best option can feel like they are being attacked from all sides by virtually everyone. I can easily imagine why and how Count's posting style changed.

It doesn't really matter if these other posters are liberal left or moderates as knapp claims most are. If a person leans right at all, and they are constantly being ridiculed, attacked and shot down by large numbers of others, I think it is easy to see how a person can lump them into some catagory and give it a name. Maybe left isn't the correct term however, I don't think constant support of the dems, Obama, Hillary etc. and constant renunciation of Repubs, Bush, and conservative values can fairly be considered a moderate position either. I think all these terms are relative to where each person finds themselves on the scale. I've got no persecution complex but I may have a much different opinion of the political leanings of the majority of this board. Doesn't mean I'm right or anybody else is wrong, it just means we all see things a bit differently. I just think maybe Count started seeing it as him against the world and it affected his postings. Totally understandable IMO.

And FWIW, I agree with what dudeguyy just posted.

• Fire 1

If the majority of posters and Trump haters on this board would really look at what happened in this last election, it is exactly your attitude that allowed him to win. We were tired of hearing our opinions don't matter and belong in the stone age. Those of us on the right and far right finally found a candidate that at least initially speaks our language and shucks down to the cob on the issues of the day instead of tap dancing and saying nothing. I doubt very much if Trump will follow through with some of his pledges but he got many people out to vote who didn't vote in the last election. People who haven't had a voice since 1984 in any decision that affects this country nationally.

Many of you also say you need evidence from some study funded by any Tom, Dick and Harry to prove a point. Most of you are probably more internet savvy than me. I know what I see on the streets. People working part time or even working 2 or 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. People whose job was shipped to China under Clinton and the "moderate" republican congress in the 90's.

I was disappointed to see Count get banned and hope it isn't permanent.

• Fire 1