Repealing the ACA under Trump

I don't think anyone has said the ACA is perfect or that it shouldn't be fixed.

But wut and 84 think that a straight repeal would fix costs, when it clearly won't.

Competition won't lower costs and increase quality is what you're saying?...
Did it before Obamacare?

Considering premiums and deductibles have gone through the roof since competition has been wiped out in most states, I'd say that speaks for itself.

And before Obamacare there was competition and stagnant deductables?

Considering premiums and deductibles have gone through the roof since competition has been wiped out in most states, I'd say that speaks for itself.

xkcd-correlation.jpg

cause-effect-difference-correlation-caus

So you're saying the decreased competition has nothing to do with the current spiking of prices? Is that your claim?

xkcd-correlation.jpg

So you're saying the decreased competition has nothing to do with the current spiking of prices? Is that your claim?

Who determines the cost of health care?

xkcd-correlation.jpg

Who determines the cost of health care?

Typically, supply and demand. The point on the price scale where a company can provide a good value to their customers while maximizing profits. Now with all the silly ACA mandates, you have all these stipulations that are causing insurers to raise cost to cover their profits, and many companies are dropping out of the market altogether. Thus, less competition in the marketplace and the ability for insurance companies to charge more. Economics...

That's a really strange interpretation of my post.

Went back and corrected my typos....if that's what was causing the confusion.

To give a relatable example:

When Lasik eye surgery first emerged, it was extremely expensive. Today, it's a few thousand dollars. Why did the price fall so drastically?

When Lasik eye surgery first emerged, it was extremely expensive. Today, it's a few thousand dollars. Why did the price fall so drastically?

how is that relatable? does lasik have to do twice as much as it used to like insurance does now? there used to be exclusions to what was covered and lifetime limits on your coverage for insurance that obama put an end to.

how is that relatable? does lasik have to do twice as much as it used to like insurance does now? there used to be exclusions to what was covered and lifetime limits on your coverage for insurance that obama put an end to.

It's a low regulated medical procedure. That's how it's relatable. It's recent and glaring proof of the free market system at work. Competition in the marketplace drives prices down. For some reason that gets lost...

It's a low regulated medical procedure. That's how it's relatable. It's recent and glaring proof of the free market system at work. Competition in the marketplace drives prices down. For some reason that gets lost...

what you want is health care with no insurance to mess up the free market?

and almost all procedures are extremely expensive at first and gradually lower some as they get more doctors in that field

I don't think anyone has said the ACA is perfect or that it shouldn't be fixed.

But wut and 84 think that a straight repeal would fix costs, when it clearly won't.

Competition won't lower costs and increase quality is what you're saying?...
Did it before Obamacare?

check out this link wutwut http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/slower-premium-growth-under-obama/

• Fire 1