Repealing the ACA under Trump

6 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I read a quote earlier from Murkowski that said (paraphrasing - from memory) "I would struggle to vote for a plan that might make Alaskans safe with their healthcare but would sink the rest of the US"

The concept doesn't really seem to make a whole lot of sense does it?

If you vote for this... your state gets... exactly what (& everyone else would get) if you DON'T vote for this.

*ACTION NEEDED TODAY RE: Graham-Cassidy - SIMPLE EMAIL - SCRIPT BELOW*

The urgency with Graham-Cassidy is real. They only need 51 votes to repeal it right now- after September 30th they'll need 60 votes, so we can't let this slip by!

If you have a spare minute, please submit public testimony for Monday's Graham-Cassidy hearing by emailing the following template with your own personal additions by 1pm EST on Monday 9/25.

Email: GCHcomments@finance.senate.gov 

Script: I/my family rely/relies on quality, affordable healthcare. Because of this, I oppose the Graham-Cassidy bill. My story with [Medicaid, pre-existing conditions,      disabilities, affordability, etc.] is… I would like to see a bipartisan Congressional effort to improve the ACA, not repeal it.

Sincerely, [name] 
     [town, state]

• Plus1 1

The bipartisan market stabilization bill they were working on prior to this seemed eminently reasonable. Comprehensive? No. Of course more needs to be done. But I think that was a good start.

McConnell pulled the plug on it even though it was being co-led by who is probably the Congressional GOP's most reasonable HC wonk (Alexander) because he wanted to go full R&R again.

This sums up what I have been saying on this issue for ever ever ever!!!!!  When are people going to wake up and realize it's not the insurance markets that are causing the problem.  It's the actual cost of health care that's the problem.

The health and insurance industry don't want this to be where the debate is because it will point directly at them as both the cause and solution to the problem.

This is where the absolute disgusting facts of the problem get noticed.