Repealing the ACA under Trump

Paul Ryan is growing increasingly tone deaf and disingenuous. How Americans ever bought into this guy in the first place is beyond me. Sure, he's telegenic. He's also a serial liar and seems like a genuinely terrible human being.

Also, RIP Scott. How is letting these insurers run the show - i.e., more freedom (from tyrannical government) that GOPers espouse - going to fix things for someone like this? insurers

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, commando said:

this is why i thought it might be best to have the republicans get their repeal and replace.   at least then they would be on full blast that it was their screwup and not have it disguised as a tax cut.  

My question is how will we respond when healthcare premiums continue to blow up this year? I've tried to make a strong case that the primary reason for our latest round of increases is going to be the course of action by Trump and his administration.

Anyone with half a brain can see that they are going to claim that the ACA continues to implode, fail magnificently, assorted buzzwords, yada had, even when increasing insurance costs will primarily be their fault. 

How will we as a people respond when they blame Obama, Democrats & the ACA? Will we believe them or will we see their lies for what they are? The last election exposed America as far more susceptible to propaganda than I'm comfortable with.

Trump personally intervened in Red State of Iowa to make sure their premiums went up in his mission to destroy Obamacare

For months, officials in Republican-controlled Iowa had sought federal permission to revitalize their ailing health-insurance marketplace. Then President Trump read about the request in a newspaper story and called the federal director weighing the application.

Trump’s message in late August was clear, according to individuals who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations: Tell Iowa no.

Supporters of the Affordable Care Act see the president’s opposition even to changes sought by conservative states as part of a broader campaign by his administration to undermine the 2010 health-care law. In addition to trying to cut funding for the ACA, the Trump administration also is hampering state efforts to control premiums. In the case of Iowa, that involved a highly unusual intervention by the president himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-aca-enrollment-nears-administration-keeps-cutting-federal-support-of-the-law/2017/10/05/cc5995a2-a50e-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.decb6c476f4d

2 hours ago, sho said:

Blame the Democrats and move on, I guess.

• Plus1 2

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obamacare-repeal-executive-order-insurance/2017/10/11/id/819162/

Trump has discovered that he too "has a pen and a cell phone" and will take executive action to make changes to the ACA.  ... I wonder when he will discover that he can suspend Congress in the case of a national emergency.  Imagine that thought for a moment if you dare :ahhhhhhhh    

President Donald Trump is expected to sign an executive order to begin the dismantling of Obamacare by allowing insurance agencies to expand the sale of less comprehensive plans, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Trump's order would direct federal agencies to begin providing lower-cost options and creating competition in individual insurance markets, the Journal reported.

The article cited an interview with "two senior White House officials."

Trump White House ending ACA cost-sharing subsidy payments:

And in case you think this is at least OK for you or a smart fiscal move:

I'd just like to point out this is the most pathetic, self-serving statement I've ever seen a White House release. Just flooded with GOP rhetorical garbage.

Premiums are going to go up now and they'll have millions uninsured on their hands. Hope they get everything they deserve for this, publicity wise. What an amoral dumpster fire of a move.

Trump's executive order will be challenged in court.  It may be in violation of established law.  So like everything else in this administration, the judges

will have to rule.   For all of the complaining about Obama's executive orders by Trump, he sure has enjoyed the use of a pen and a cell phone (tweet, tweet).

EO are the only way this admin is getting things done.  (One has to decide if what is 'done' is acceptable however) 

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Personal-Finance/trump-healthcare-order-retirement/2017/10/13/id/819474/