Repealing the ACA under Trump

Somewhere out there, John Boehner has a wry smile on his face. He knew perhaps better than anyone that Republicans couldn't actually get their sh#t together and agree on any real plan besides 'blame Obama'....

• Fire 2

good job dems now my healthcare will remain sky high

Thank the Republicans more than anyone for that. They have done nothing to address accelerating healthcare cost, while Obamacare has at least slowed the acceleration.
  • Fire 1

Thank the Republicans more than anyone for that. They have done nothing to address accelerating healthcare cost, while Obamacare has at least slowed the acceleration.

Actually neither side has addressed accelerating costs. The dems did at least address some accessibility and care issues while all the repubs have done is piss, moan and posture.

• Fire 3

thank the republicans. they own the white house, the senate, and the congress. if they wanted this to pass they could do it without 1 single democratic vote. the republicans own this whether they admit it or not. this is now trumpcare. own it.

Actually neither side has addressed accelerating costs. The dems did at least address some accessibility and care issues while all the repubs have done is piss, moan and posture.

This. I don't mind the ACA so much, but the real problem is that it focused mostly on how Americans pay for healthcare, and not nearly enough on how much they pay. The Republican 'plan' didn't do a damn thing to address that, either - all we got was a bunch of pissing and moaning about mandates and such.

• Fire 2

True, which is why I didn't give them credit for addressing it.

The republicans have done this to themselves. We've heard nothing but how bad Obamacare is for the last 7 years and now they have no choice but to continue to demonize it. Had they been a bit more reasonable over that time they could instead be working on changes to address the ever rising prices and be widely praised if successful.

True, which is why I didn't give them credit for addressing it.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you meant by "Obamacare has at least slowed the acceleration". For many Americans, Obamacare has actually exacerbated the accelerating costs problem. That is why this current deal and today's repubs really piss me off. They had an opportunity to make a difference and help a bunch of people....and this sh!t bill and half-assed effort is all we got. Might as well face it, we're just screwed when it comes to healthcare. Fixing the cost problem would require doing things that piss off big time donors and lobbies for both parties. It's why Obamacare and the dems didn't address it and it's why the republicans won't even consider it. Our system is beyond broke. It is an oligarchy whose only purpose is to get re-elected, stay in power and line their own and their benefactors pockets to achieve it. None of them give two f#cks about the citizens of this country.

• Fire 1

The thing that's so stupid about all of this is the GOP and Trump made no attempt to work with the Democrats on this.

Despite the false claim that the ACA was "rammed down our throats," the truth is Obama and the Democrats made a lot of compromises before passing the ACA.

• Fire 1

The thing that's so stupid about all of this is the GOP and Trump made no attempt to work with the Democrats on this.

Despite the false claim that the ACA was "rammed down our throats," the truth is Obama and the Democrats made a lot of compromises before passing the ACA.

That's why the dems were able to at least get a little something accomplished and it's why this republican controlled government will get even less done.

Trump the great negotiator... my ass. It's pretty easy to give that illusion when you're the billionaire dealing with little podunk contractors that you're going to F over. It don't work that way in DC Donald. My way or the highway only assures nothing gets done.

They had an opportunity to make a difference and help a bunch of people....and this sh!t bill and half-assed effort is all we got. Might as well face it, we're just screwed when it comes to healthcare. Fixing the cost problem would require doing things that piss off big time donors and lobbies for both parties. It's why Obamacare and the dems didn't address it and it's why the republicans won't even consider it. Our system is beyond broke. It is an oligarchy whose only purpose is to get re-elected, stay in power and line their own and their benefactors pockets to achieve it. None of them give two f#cks about the citizens of this country.

You've summed up my thoughts on the entirety of politics. I'm going to say this when someone asks me which party I'm in. Or whether I'm conservative or liberal.
  • Fire 1