Repealing the ACA under Trump

I don't even think it's that much a matter of what they think is best for America. I think most of them are selfish and care about "what's best for me?"

Moving on, Trump quote about what happened: "We learned a lot about loyalty."

Hearing words like that from our president continues to be scary. The only loyalty a politician should show is loyalty to the good of the country. Politicians don't need to be loyal to the president, or to each other, or to their party. A politician should do what is right. Also, a politician should do what is right even if it's unpopular to their constituents. Sometimes doing the right thing is the same as doing the unpopular thing, and then even though you did the right thing you get voted out of office.

That's kind of my point. How am I as a young person supposed to be encouraged by this obscene display of narcissism? Elected officials are supposed to be doing things for the good of the country but that is rarely the motivation. It greatly upsets me because I care about this country and understand the essence and importance of caring for other people but the people who are supposed to be my leaders do not. A nation under God yet our leaders spiritual limbs are are bare of fruit, what do you think happens to our country next? No need in explaining because it seems we are creeping closer and closer every day.

Edit:this is why I try to stay out of these types of threads lol on a side note, while Trump has said they are moving on from this issue I am sure it will rear it's head once again before 2018 begins.

Hearing words like that from our president continues to be scary. The only loyalty a politician should show is loyalty to the good of the country. Politicians don't need to be loyal to the president, or to each other, or to their party. A politician should do what is right. Also, a politician should do what is right even if it's unpopular to their constituents. Sometimes doing the right thing is the same as doing the unpopular thing, and then even though you did the right thing you get voted out of office.

"The modern patriotism, the true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

• Fire 5

I don't even think it's that much a matter of what they think is best for America. I think most of them are selfish and care about "what's best for me?"

Excellent. We should be all about what is good for the country. We may have different perspectives but that should come before loyalty to a person or a party.

I feel really strange typing this. But, I see a slight ray of hope. Let me make this clear...it's a very very small ray of hope.....

Anyway.....Trump has talked about working with Democrats on healthcare. Ryan and the Freedom Caucus (Tea Party) don't like that AT ALL. Trump is throwing them under the bus for not working with the Dems.

Could we possibly be seeing the administration forcing the Republican's hands on what has been a major problem with healthcare reform (Republicans refusing to work with Dems)?????

I know....it's small bit of light. But....a very interesting one to watch.