Crying and B****ing about Trump

I've seen at least 3 people on this board complain about people complaining about Trump, and asking everyone to get over it, and telling them to stop complaining.

I find that to be a nonsensical request. Tuesday wasn't a football game, where one team wins and the other goes home dejected, wakes up the next day and starts the healing process, and then by next Saturday everything is fine.

In fact I'll stick with the football analogy. If our game against Ohio State was like a Presidential election, Nebraska's players wouldn't just head home and get ready for the next game. Ohio State would get to keep all of the Nebraska players and the coaches for the rest of the season. Not only would they get to keep all of the players, they could make Tommy Armstrong their water boy or a cheerleader or their mascot, and every time they were on TV thereafter they could parade the losing team out onto the field, and this would go on for 4-8 years. For those 4-8 years we wouldn't get to watch Nebraska play football.

There's no reason for people to "get over it" 2 days after the election. People who hated Obama didn't get over it and still aren't over it now. People who hated Bush didn't get over it. Same with Clinton. When you have a problem with policy or inevitable policy, you have every right to complain about it and should. I had my share of arguments with Obama-haters, but I don't think I ever told them they shouldn't talk about him.

People complaining about it aren't complaining because they lost a competition. They're complaining because they have worries about the country and about the world. Just like people who don't like Obama.

• Fire 9

Well said, Moiraine. Sadly, the media pretty much makes the elections into a football game type of spectacle, and now Americans need to be reminded that it's much, much more than that. It's honestly an indictment of the way the media covers the process.

I could wax on and on about the problems I have with the way media does things, but that's a conversation for another time.

Pretty hilarious that Trump supporters are now complaining about people criticizing Trump. Do they need a safe space? These are likely the same people who bitched about Obama non-stop for the past 8 years and cried foul the left were a bunch of easily offended pussies.

Now the shoe's on the other foot and they don't like the criticism? Sorry, comes with the territory. People are allowed to have an opinion and criticize public officials. Maybe THEY ought to get over it.

I'm really getting tired of this BS PC culture Trump supporters are pushing on all of us...

• Fire 1

In fact I'll stick with the football analogy. If our game against Ohio State was like a Presidential election, Nebraska's players wouldn't just head home and get ready for the next game. Ohio State would get to keep all of the Nebraska players and the coaches for the rest of the season. Not only would they get to keep all of the players, they could make Tommy Armstrong their water boy or a cheerleader or their mascot, and every time they were on TV thereafter they could parade the losing team out onto the field, and this would go on for 4-8 years. For those 4-8 years we wouldn't get to watch Nebraska play football.

anchorman-meme-generator-that-doesn-t-ma

• Fire 3

Trump needs to earn respect. He think he takes it from people just by winning. Politicians like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz can bend over backwards after calling him a fraud and a con man and cow to him, but I'm sure as heck not going to. I've got no skin in the game, and he's already shown me what a sack of crap he is, over and over and over again.

Yes he's president. But that doesn't mean anyone has to stop criticizing him if he hasn't earned it. Nor should they.

• Fire 2

I don't care for the defense of a President with a history of endlessly denigrating others. Of course, now that he has been elected, one is free to go and moderate their opinions on all of that.I, personally, will decline to do so.

That is interesting. I feel the same exact way, of course, some people say they are okay with it but they only mean it if they dislike the person in question too.

I've seen at least 3 people on this board complain about people complaining about Trump, and asking everyone to get over it, and telling them to stop complaining.

I find that to be a nonsensical request. Tuesday wasn't a football game, where one team wins and the other goes home dejected, wakes up the next day and starts the healing process, and then by next Saturday everything is fine.

There's no reason for people to "get over it" 2 days after the election. People who hated Obama didn't get over it and still aren't over it now. People who hated Bush didn't get over it. Same with Clinton. When you have a problem with policy or inevitable policy, you have every right to complain about it and should. I had my share of arguments with Obama-haters, but I don't think I ever told them they shouldn't talk about him.

People complaining about it aren't complaining because they lost a competition. They're complaining because they have worries about the country and about the world. Just like people who don't like Obama.

Moiraine;

I don't have a problem with people complaining, being shocked or even sulking to an extent. Hell, go protest if that is what you feel you need to do, in order to get right with yourself. (Not speaking to you personally Moiraine in previous sentance!) But the world will not end by virtue of DT being the Presidential Elect. I am very curious and really want to know, were people seeking counseling because of the anxiety they had not knowing what the future held when Obama took office? I do not recall hearing and seeing such after his initial election?

I mean, goodness, we're talking about (for example) people of color feeling suddenly like this country and its people are a lot more hostile to them than they imagined -- and that we're on the verge of a radical shift in policy and tone that will severely alienate them.

More to the point, anyone who has to go to a counselor and talk things out for any reason, they should do so. The existence of worse problems does not minimize the existence of others. What's nothing to one person is a battle to another.

There's no indication of how many people are even seeking out these services, but it's good that they are available. We're here supposedly to help one another, not heap scorn on those needing help and calling it trifles.

Lastly, there are obvious differences between the election and re-election of every Senator, Governor, or Vice President to be elevated to the post in the past half century plus, and the venerable Mr. "Grab 'Em By The pu&&y".

• Fire 4

Is there any chance the media is over exaggerating these protests? If we've learned one thing this election cycle it's that the media like to incite hysteria. It's good for business. Has anyone actually seen an election related protest? Maybe we need to start matching what we read/see to actual experiences.

Are they being reported as particularly extreme? People are holding signs and shouting at buildings. It's not even clear that there's a heavy volume of protests.

Perhaps livid isn't the best word. I'm incensed at the outcome, that this is the path America would choose. It's one thing to lose a policy battle; that'd be disappointing. Trump spat in the face of decency and the promise of an accepting, open, multicultural America that has been integral to my understanding of this country...we handed him the reins.

I only know my circle, of course. And anger isn't the most fitting or common emotion. I think despair, devastation, and determination are better.

But, yes. It's not a media creation. We are all galled.

• Fire 4

America elected the leader of the bitching and moaning aimed at Obama. The guy that for years disputed his citizenship and stated Obama was not qualified to be president. There are still people out there making these claims. I do not want to hear anything about how the outcry against Trump is some embarrassing act that the right would never do.

That doesn't even touch on the fact that this nation just handed over control to a demagogue with no plans to better the nation. I honestly thought we were better than this. You really screwed the pooch on this one America.

• Fire 4