Armstrong

I thought it was incredibly reckless for your coach to put Armstrong in the game, but I guess it worked out for the fans. Congratulations on the win. Armstrong is a great player, no doubt about it.

In the sport I work in, boxing, there's a rule that when a fighter loses by KO or TKO, they're automatically suspended from competition for 30 days. I think that if football (NFL and NCAA) was serious about brain health, there would be a similar rule for that sport. But there'd be some serious wailing then. In our cases, both Minnesota and Nebraska would have lost their QBs for stretches of this season.

Sigh....

It's not up to coaches, it is up to doctors. Please understand the protocol before posting about it.

Good game from you guys, hope you win out. Especially against Wisconsin.

Don't condescend to me. I understand the protocol, but F the protocol. I understand some things about brain injuries, too, and I think the approach used in boxing is more sensible than the get 'em back on the field ASAP "protocol" used in NCAA football.

Ok, please shut up.

Nebraska has one of the premier concussion laboratories in the country. I'm pretty sure they know better than you do on whether an athlete can play or not.

We don't even know what knocked tommy out. We weren't on the field and we haven't been Pivvy to the follow up information. Did he have a concussion that caused him to be knocked out or did he land weird and knock himself out by landing on his chest, the concussion being a by product of his face smacking the ground while he was out. Saying our coach was reckless and defining the situation with the very short amount of information we have is unfair and unjust. Maybe leave your bias opinions to your own board where people will follow your lead. Good day sir or madam

Who's ever questioned his leadership? People only question (rightfully so, plenty of the time) his ability.

Absolute warrior that gives this team everything he's got though. I'll miss him a lot.

Seriously????

OMG....he wasn't voted captain....Bla bla bla.

His teammates were the ones not to vote him captain, not the fans.

Now that I've gotten over last week's debacle... :)

I'm hoping that Husker history will be both rightfully and accurately kind to Tommy's junior and senior years and remember that he never really had the opportunity to play behind a great offensive line. And that's no offense to the offensive line, but I think we all know that it's true.

I just want to win these last two games so bad for Tommy and for the team and for all of us.

Tommy Armstrong Jr. is terrific! I don't know why people feel that he won't be a quarterback post Nebraska.....? He'll be fine in my opinion. He may not enter the league (the NFL) but Armstrong is definitely CFL worthy. He'll have a pro football career as a QB.

My fears aren't about his future, but about Nebraska's following the 2016 season. I don't see any sign of a future Nebraska quarterback on the Cornhuskers' roster or on their recruits' list. I know. I've searched and haven't seen a Lamar Jackson (Louisville Cardinals) anywhere in sight to keep this wonderful Big Red Machine going.

I think to the past and remember with awe the brilliance of quarterbacks like Turner Gill, Nate Mason, Steve Taylor, Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost, Eric Crouch, and Jammal Lord. I loved those teams, wow! Right now, Coach Bobby Petrino sure does enjoy one of these Nebraska-caliber QBs in his Lamar Jackson. Ohio St. Coach Urban Meyer enjoys another ... in his quarterback J.T. Barrett (that guy is smooth and dominates with his poise running and passing the ball).

Maybe we can find a suitable replacement for Tommy Armstrong Jr. after he's gone. I'll keep paying attention to see how that goes. I know I have just enjoyed keeping up with my Nebraska Cornhuskers over all these years. They've been a blessing to me. I remember Turner Gill spinning and churning only to fall into the end zone to defeat LSU 21-20 in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1, 1983 back when I was a little kid.

I'm still hoping that this current team will finish out strong and cement Tommy Armstrong's legacy. Let's beat Maryland (5-5) to get to 9 wins next Saturday. Let's make 2016 as great a season as we possibly can .... and then we can ponder life after this season. I want a Big Ten Championship this year.

I have stated several times, that I was not the biggest fan of Tommy, nor was I of TM in the beginning. But no one can question the warriors we have had at QB for the past several years.

We will miss the heart of a lion Tommy carries, and the love of Nebraska he displays every single play. He knows that there are only a few games left in his football career and he is giving us everything he has.

Thank You Tommy!