Trump's 7 point Drain the Swamp Plan & 100 Day Agenda

Below is an outline of Trump's plan to 'Drain the Swamp' and his 100 days agenda. The 100 day agenda has enough red meat to feed a conservative for a few years and enough to rile a non-conservative for an equal length of time.

Of his Swamp Plan: While I agree wt all of these items, the 3 in bold below may be the most difficult to implement. Not sure Congress will be willing to limit their lifetime job that so many enjoy as a member of Congress as either Senator or Rep. Yes, we hear it all the time and I agree that Elections are the 'term limiters' however, that use to be the case. In the era of big money, it no longer is the case. So term limits may only be treating the symptoms and not the cause. Other issues (potential causes) are:

1. How district lines are drawn every 10 years by the party in power in the individual states.

2. Big money supporting incumbents

3. Franking rules giving incumbents a huge publicity advantage

Regulations: It will be interesting how they will set that up. Implement a rule, remove 2 existing rules. Will the rules be 'weighted' so they have similar values/affects??

Cancel payments to UN climate change programs and spend it on our own environmental issues - I wonder if this is a 'treaty' issue or not. But in light of our national debt, spending the money here on our issues, not only fixes our problems but can spur jobs and growth here as well.

I think the lobbyists proposals are long over due. Frankly, the role of a lobbyist is a back pocket role for most Congressmen. If they lose an election or decide to 'retire' they most likely have the tracks greased to a new position with some

corporation or advocacy group.

Drain the Swamp Plan:

• A Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
  • A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
  • A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated
  • A five year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
  • A lifetime ban on the White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
  • A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
  • Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

100 Day Plan:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act: An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4 percent per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class.

End The Offshoring Act: Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off American workers to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy & Infrastructure Act: Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

School Choice Act: Gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act: Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also cut the red tape at the FDA to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act: Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

End Illegal Immigration Act: Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Restoring Community Safety Act: Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Restoring National Security Act: Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act: Enacts new ethics reforms to “Drain the Swamp” and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/23/trumps-seven-point-plan-to-draintheswamp/#ixzz4Q0a9WHMu

• Fire 4

Well that's just crazy! We the people cannot stand for such hogwash; the government getting more efficient and helping the middle class, trying to grow the economy and create jobs....the sheer madness, when will it all end?

Serious question- where are all the racist provisions in these bills? I've got me lighter fluid and pitchfork ready, just need to know when to bust them out.

• Fire 8

That's what I was going to say. From what I am hearing within the CDE, it is basically a national school voucher act as of right now.

Everyone has the right to send their child to any type of school they choose. The idea that paying for non-public school is any type of a tax break not only widens the education gap between have & have-nots but officially punishes those without financial means to pay for school directly. Taking money away from public to pay for the credit further punishes public schools.

Affordable childcare & eldercare fall into a similar category but we'll have to wait and see how bad those are.

Will be interesting to see how the tax code is simplified if we are adding deductions for those that already have some level financial means.

I mean, what is it about Trump's campaign or his actions since that is encouraging us now to take this spin and say "seems legit"? Is it the fact that he talks a tough game about lobbyists and the establishment here as he stacks his transition team with them?

I understand that (for example) deporting 2-3 million people from this country, building a border wall, "ensuring (Muslim) immigrants share our values", and the promise of heavier policing and heavier incarceration has no tangible effect on some of us, because our own communities are safely outside the target area. But come on.

The sustained critiques of Trump the man and Trump the policies do not evaporate now that he holds the prestige of office. If you were always OK with them, fine -- we'll continue to disagree on their merits.

Serious question- where are all the racist provisions in these bills? I've got me lighter fluid and pitchfork ready, just need to know when to bust them out.

I'd pay close attention to the riders attached to these and other bills before giving a candidate that ran on a xenophobic platform and hired a White Supremacist a snarky free pass.

• Fire 5

It took all of one meeting with Obama for Trump to toss one of these out the door and say he'd be open to keeping part of the ACA.

There may be some good in here. There's a lot that I disagree with. As with most standard conservative economic faire, a lot of the individually-geared stuff will help the haves and probably not the have-nots.

Also, as someone in the medical field, lol at "cut the red tape at the FDA to speed medication production." That process exists for a reason. It keeps unsafe meds off the market.

Overall, this probably isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Buckle up!

^^ This. I mean, some of those sound great on paper. But no president in our history has implemented that much change in the duration of their term(s). And this is his 100 day plan. He's ambitious, I'll give him that. :lol:

• Fire 1

Buckle up!

^^ This. I mean, some of those sound great on paper. But no president in our history has implemented that much change in the duration of their term(s). And this is his 100 day plan. He's ambitious, I'll give him that. :lol:

He's ambitious because he doesn't understand how the branches of government work.

I agree with a lot of what he wants to do. But if the senate/house votes to reduce their own term limits I'll eat my shirt.

So referring to people as "deplorable" is super-dooper bad.

But referring to people as part of a "swamp" is OK.

...OK

Just using the Trump language here. As that was a major campaign pledge of Trump - to change the Congressional/lobbyist revolving door culture.

I mean, what is it about Trump's campaign or his actions since that is encouraging us now to take this spin and say "seems legit"? Is it the fact that he talks a tough game about lobbyists and the establishment here as he stacks his transition team with them?

I understand that (for example) deporting 2-3 million people from this country, building a border wall, "ensuring (Muslim) immigrants share our values", and the promise of heavier policing and heavier incarceration has no tangible effect on some of us, because our own communities are safely outside the target area. But come on.

The sustained critiques of Trump the man and Trump the policies do not evaporate now that he holds the prestige of office. If you were always OK with them, fine -- we'll continue to disagree on their merits.

Zoogs, I'm not sure if you were addressing the bold to me or someone else. I'm ok wt the general principles of the 7 Drain the Swamp ideas. The devil is in the details however.

Regarding the 100 day plan - I haven't looked into those at all. Just posting for FYI sake. I wasn't aware of them until I saw the article. Again, the details are what matters and not a headline banner description

I've seen several people advocate for taking the wait and see approach. When a racist, sexist person puts racist, sexist people in powerful positions, the suggestion to wait and see what they do is asinine.

Keeping your rights while you have them is easier than gaining them back. Trump needs to know what people think of this. Then he can say he doesn't give a sh#t if he wants. But telling people to calm down is ridiculous. (Especially considering this is a message board where people are merely using words, and no one is advocating anything more than words).

• Fire 7