Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

So this is where we are. The one trophy we care about. that has a cool backstory. That we WON...we can't display. Hell, we don't even need a spot for the "Hero" trophy...we don't even have a clue how big it is. But the broken chair, the trophy that the FANS created...is held hostage. That is a load of hot garbage.

You're making stuff up now. Was last year your first year as a Husker fan?

Nebraska won this POS trophy in 2011, 2012, 2014.

Jesus Christ, any more fans are acting like NU has never won a game since joining the B1G.

Really sorry if I offended. I meant to say we HAVEN'T WON JACK SINCE 1999. We left the Big Twelve because Texas bullied us and we didn't like it. We got to the Big Ten and they don't seem scared of us. Now...if you talk to people, or read these forums, we don't like being here. So....facts are facts. No Championships in a really long time. None. Mediocrity. Lots of that.

• 8 months later...

Where's the chair? It'll be hard for the Gophers to celebrate winning it if the Huskers can't produce it.

Not to worry, they won't need to give it back.

I watched that Documentary on PJ Fleck and he scares me.

If we believed the preseason hype Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa and Purdue would all be world beaters.

A contributor from SB Nation's Off-Tackle Empire recently asked Mike Riley about the trophy (ambushed him during a football signing). he gives a vague answer:

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2017/7/25/16026752/mike-riley-answers-questions-about-the-5-bits-of-broken-chair-trophy

Riley said people are talking about the trophy and he doesn't know where it is. I told him that's not true, you guys probably have it, and please bring it back because its very popular on the internet among college football fans.

They should be asking Eichorst, not Riley. Riley doesn't have much to do with those things.

If I had to guess I'd say it's upstairs in the football offices on some rarely-seen back shelf along with the trophies/notices we have from winning "national championships" that we don't acknowledge (like in 1983 when several selectors chose us over Miami, but we don't claim it or speak about it).

They should be asking Eichorst, not Riley. Riley doesn't have much to do with those things.

If I had to guess I'd say it's upstairs in the football offices on some rarely-seen back shelf along with the trophies/notices we have from winning "national championships" that we don't acknowledge (like in 1983 when several selectors chose us over Miami, but we don't claim it or speak about it).

Because we aren't Michigan

Here's the thing that pisses me off the most about these athletic departments trying to squash this trophy. Two years ago, the last time we saw it, you know who the biggest fan of that trophy was? The only player telling everyone else about it and looking for it?

Sam Foltz.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 4

If we don't get the trophy back from wherever its at, someone should take a folding chair from the locker room and put it at midfield during warmups. We'll play for that if we have to, and the losing coach should have to tape a couple of dollars to it during the post-game handshake.

And if they take that chair away, we should put an old sideline/player bench at midfield next season. I see no shame in playing for a broken bench.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Alright, Huskers.  It's getting close.  When the Gophers get done stomping that "school" from that ugly mudpit of a state this weekend, we're gonna start looking past OSU and thinking about Nebby week.  Is your team gonna play for the chair this year or not?

We’ll probably show up for the game but not sure how hard the team will play. Hold onto it for another year. We’ll be back.

• Thanks 1