Any chance we see Darlington?

lo country

ASSuming TA is a no go Sat by plan or design is there a chance we see Darlington? Was reading some notes for this weeks practice and it said that Fyfe and Darlington were splitting reps. I wonder if Darlington might get some snaps to get Maryland off balance or in case TA is a no go at Iowa as well. Make them scheme for something and give us a running threat. Perhaps wishful thinking...... Thoughts?

• Fire 1

1) I hope Tommy plays. The guy deserves to play his final home game after all he's put forth for this team. It would be a shame to see him sit for his Senior Day.

2) If Tommy does sit, I hope Fyfe has the game of his life. I'd love to see him get a win. I think he's lost every game he's played significant snaps, right? He deserves a win.

3) Love Darlington, and his willingness and ability to step up when the team needs him this year. Great guy. But I worry every time he takes the field, for any play, because of his history with concussions. I want the kid to get his degree & sail through life fine & dandy. I don't want to see him get clocked & suffer later in life. Scares the hell out of me.

• Fire 7

Darlington goes in if Fyfe goes down. That's why he's getting reps. Same as last week

Darlington goes in if Fyfe goes down. That's why he's getting reps. Same as last week

Darlington should only be getting snaps IF he is able to play. I can't imagine why a coach would waste practice time on a player who cannot actually play and lead the team successfully. If he has healthy worries at all, then he should not be our back up QB (no. 2 or 3 or even 4). Trouble is that the NFL mentality is to have a 'starter' who generally plays if he can walk from the huddle to take the snaps, normally. Then you have a pretty decent back up and after that, you probably rep a DB or something just to try to get you through the rest of the current game. Then you go shopping after the final play for another QB from around the league, etc. College of course is different and to win you need to have a QB who fully participates and can attack the defense with more than just his eyes and ears. We saw Fyfe pass for 400 yards last year and complete lots of passes (way too many to the opponent but we do know he throws a catchable ball when he throws it near somebody).

I have confidence that the coaches will use Fyfe the best way possible, whatever that may be. It will be up to Ryker to avoid the major gaffs and just execute the basic plays. This means it will be a four quarter nail biter which seems to be our team motto / theme - play well enough to be within striking distance in the final ten minutes. Scary but maybe, just maybe, we pull this off.

I think the real question is, does Darlington stay at QB in the offseason? With POB, Lee, and Gebbia, Darlington seems to be our only true dual threat guy. Given that Riley and co have begun offering DT qb's, if they've decided that they want to keep this style of offense, Darlington might be the best guy.

They're not starting Darlington next year. He will by far not be the best QB next year, plus I'm sure this staff wants to move on to what they're most comfortable with already, which is very West Coast Offense-like. No need to even think about that. This thread concerns will he be used at all vs. Maryland.

I haven't seen our coaches use Fyfe the best possible way yet. tommy plays unles he can go. Hopefully he gets in and gets us a big leaf and then they lean darlington finish it which I know is just a dream.

What is the best possible way to use Fyfe? If there was a better way to use him, I am sure the coaches would do it.

I haven't seen our coaches use Fyfe the best possible way yet. tommy plays unles he can go. Hopefully he gets in and gets us a big leaf and then they lean darlington finish it which I know is just a dream.

What is the best possible way to use Fyfe? If there was a better way to use him, I am sure the coaches would do it.

If the team around him can at least give him a chance to manage the game I would like to see what he can do. Can the o-line block well enough to allow a pass play to develop or a run play when the QB is not a run threat distracting the opposing defense. The team is so built around what Tommy can do his skills allow for some lazy play to be overlooked. So back to the question, I think Fyfe should be trusted to hand the ball off, perhaps try some designed QB runs (maybe it will work), and very safe passes. He is not going to be a QB with the skills to succeed under duress like Tommy can, so it is time for the offensive line to man up and show they can dominate the other team even when the play book is stripped down to fit the skills of the QB and the other team is looking to rattle Fyfe.

Ball cap on with a green jersey throwing sigNs into Armstrong or POB if Tommy can't go. Y

• Fire 1

I think the real question is, does Darlington stay at QB in the offseason? With POB, Lee, and Gebbia, Darlington seems to be our only true dual threat guy. Given that Riley and co have begun offering DT qb's, if they've decided that they want to keep this style of offense, Darlington might be the best guy.

Darlington moved to WR last Spring, and has been only taking reps at QB on as as needed basis, with the injuries to Armstrong. Long-term Darlington's place on the roster is as a WR and most imortantly holder for PAT's and FG's.

Ball cap on with a green jersey throwing sigNs into Armstrong or POB if Tommy can't go. Y

Is there a secret message in there? ...N...A....T.....Y......

• Fire 1