College Football Playoff

Mavric

Well, OSU can be written in ink. Bama probably in even with an upset in the SEC Title game I imagine.

I think there is maybe a long shot that Michigan could back door in. Need Clemson to lose and Washington to lose. At that point Michigan has head to head victories over Wisconsin or Penn St and Colorado with 2 losses with a nail-biter in Columbus. Probably a better resume than 2 loss Oklahoma. Long shot, just a thought.

Well, OSU can be written in ink. Bama probably in even with an upset in the SEC Title game I imagine.

I think there is maybe a long shot that Michigan could back door in. Need Clemson to lose and Washington to lose. At that point Michigan has head to head victories over Wisconsin or Penn St and Colorado with 2 losses with a nail-biter in Columbus. Probably a better resume than 2 loss Oklahoma. Long shot, just a thought.

I don't see Michigan making it in over a possible B1G Champion PSU.

The B1G champ is in.

If Alabama wins, they are in. Might get in with a loss.

If Clemson wins, they are in.

If Washington wins, they are in. If Colorado wins, they are probably in.

I think it would take Virginia Tech winning to for sure get Ohio State in. Not even sure tOSU gets in over Colorado - I don't think they do.

So Ohio State needs something crazy to happen to get in.

Ohio State has wins vs 3 of the top 8 teams in last weeks CFP rankings. Two of those teams might be conference champions and they beat them on the road. Their one loss was vs #7 Penn State on the road in a night game. I am not going to complain if they don't get in but that is a great resume.

This is where I'm at as well:

I just don't see how tOSU can be in and PSU out at this point. Everyone talks about tOSU's three Top 10 wins. And that's valid. But PSU now has two plus they beat tOSU head-to-head and won the conference. Plus they have the "best loss" of any team in contention.

Alabama is obviously in. Clemson is in. But I think it will be interesting after that. Penn State fits the most categories in the committee's criteria list. Washington is also a conference champion with fewer losses. But tOSU probably has the best overall resume - other than not winning their conference.

However, it works out, I like it because at least the #5 team will have a VERY good argument for why they should be in. Plus Michigan and even Oklahoma have decent arguments. Oklahoma's - as was noted by Herby today - is all the talk used to be about tougher non-con scheduling. Oklahoma might have had the toughest non-con in the country but went undefeated in conference. Washington had about as miserable of a non-con as you can find.

Lots of good arguments for why it should be an 8-team playoff. Settle it on the field instead of the conference room.