Iowa Hate Week - Please post to show your love

ADS

They claim the 1958 FWAA poll NC...

Actually we don't "claim" it. I don't think you will find anything official claiming an actual championship. It is simply listed in the list of rankings of all polls. I don't know any Iowa fan that actually claims we have a national championship in football.

My mistake. I thought you guys claimed one from '80 or '81.

They claim the 1958 FWAA poll NC...

Actually we don't "claim" it. I don't think you will find anything official claiming an actual championship. It is simply listed in the list of rankings of all polls. I don't know any Iowa fan that actually claims we have a national championship in football.

My mistake. I thought you guys claimed one from '80 or '81.

You should know better as Landlord of Kinnick Stadium

• Fire 2

The thing I hate most about Iowa Week is how much all the local media tries to push this rivalry thing down our throat.

I honestly think that was as much to try and make Nebraska feel more at home in the Big Ten. We have some truly great rivalries in the conference, but they didn't want Nebraska to feel left out so they just started pushing sh#t instead of letting it develop.

The thing I hate most about Iowa Week is how much all the local media tries to push this rivalry thing down our throat.

I honestly think that was as much to try and make Nebraska feel more at home in the Big Ten. We have some truly great rivalries in the conference, but they didn't want Nebraska to feel left out so they just started pushing sh#t instead of letting it develop.

Well, that definitely made us feel at home since we already had that happen with Colorado.

Well, that definitely made us feel at home since we already had that happen with Colorado.

And I know how much you hated Colorado for it so obviously we are doing something right :)

...and K-State.

Seeing threads about "Iowa Hate Week" makes me think it's not all made up by the press.

There are Husker Fans who hate Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue and/or Minnesota. Iowa's resume to be a "rival" is no different than theirs.

OK. I know we go through this every year, but whatever. Let's do it again.

What is Iowa's resume to be Nebraska's rival? And how is their resume better than that of any other team in our division?

What do you consider "record"? I know we go through this every year....because some fans (you) have a fit when someone suggests or acts like Iowa is a rival? They are a rival to a lot of fans. They may not be to you...and that's fine. It's not like the entire fan base all of a sudden has to take a vote and what ever the decision is....settles it.

A lot of Iowoegians don't like Nebraska and a lot of Nebraskan's don't like Iowa. None of the hate from either side is logical. You can just tell that by the jokes that go back and forth.

Believe me...moving to Iowa from Nebraska and then back again....I know this first hand. Constantly the same jokes. Constantly Iowa fans hating on Nebraska. Constantly Nebraska fans thumbing their noses at Iowa and claiming they suck. In the end...it's the same fricken jokes told by each side.

On and on and on.....

It's a rival. You don't have to agree with it or even have it as a rival for yourself. AND....it's not even a rival at the level of OU....but at this point, no BigTen team is.

And...no reason to get into this big debate with people who do think it's somewhat of a rival every year.

• Fire 1