Ryker Fyfe Broken Wrist - Armstrong still out...

Tommy would be half of the 8yrs, Stanton fizzled under 2 staffs and transfered and Darlington was never going to be a starter regardless where he went because of injuries and we knew that before he graduated HS.

If you wanna measure it solely off of rankings before those players ever take the field then, sure.....our QB recruiting was just ACES!

Lots of assumptions and false conclusions in here.

Stanton didn't fizzle under two staffs. He played as a RSFr then was left off the fall camp roster by the new staff. Don't know if how it would have turned out but I don't think those two are equivalent.

And you're demonstrably false about Darlington because he is - in fact - playing. So assuming he would never play anywhere is false.

Not to mention that LoMS is exactly right that there is a definite distinction between recruiting, development and on-field success. You can be good at any mixture of those but failing in one area doesn't mean you were bad at all of them.

Has Darlington appeared in a game this year?

According to this, he has not played prior to this year.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209389182

2015 (Redshirt Freshman)

Darlington added depth at quarterback, but did not appear in a game.

2014 (Redshirt)

Darlington joined the Nebraska program in January, then redshirted and worked on the scout team offense in the fall.

Darlington had not. Stanton had.

Stanton played this year? I think not.

I could be mistaken but I don't believe we've seen Darlington on the field this year either.

Tommy would be half of the 8yrs, Stanton fizzled under 2 staffs and transfered and Darlington was never going to be a starter regardless where he went because of injuries and we knew that before he graduated HS.

If you wanna measure it solely off of rankings before those players ever take the field then, sure.....our QB recruiting was just ACES!

Stanton didn't fizzle under two staffs. He played as a RSFr then was left off the fall camp roster by the new staff. Don't know if how it would have turned out but I don't think those two are equivalent.

And you're demonstrably false about Darlington because he is - in fact - playing. So assuming he would never play anywhere is false.

Not to mention that LoMS is exactly right that there is a definite distinction between recruiting, development and on-field success. You can be good at any mixture of those but failing in one area doesn't mean you were bad at all of them.

2015 (Redshirt Freshman)

2014 (Redshirt)

Darlington joined the Nebraska program in January, then redshirted and worked on the scout team offense in the fall.

I could be mistaken but I don't believe we've seen Darlington on the field this year either.

Darlington plays special teams. he scored on a 2 point conversion early in the year

• Fire 1

2015 (Redshirt Freshman)

2014 (Redshirt)

Sorry, I didn't mean Stanton played this year. He played two years ago. He transferred to a JUCO last year and was the starting QB at UNLV to start this year.

melscott62 is right - Darlington has been the holder all year and he is the QB in the swinging gate formation before we shift into the regular PAT formation. He ran in a two-point conversion out of the swinging gate earlier this year. And he is prepping to play QB this week (has the last couple weeks) if needed.

2015 (Redshirt Freshman)

2014 (Redshirt)

Sorry, I didn't mean Stanton played this year. He played two years ago.

melscott62 is right - Darlington has been the holder all year and he is the QB in the swinging gate formation before we shift into the regular PAT formation. He ran in a two-point conversion out of the swinging gate earlier this year. And he is prepping to play QB this week (has the last couple weeks) if needed.

Ok, I don't generally notice who is the place holder, still, I stand corrected. ;)

Maybe I'm just looking at it like this:

Next year, we have 3 guys that will be competing for the job. This year, we may not have a QB for this weeks game.

Granted that's not all due to poor recruiting, but still.

Maybe. If they try to preserve Gebbia's RS. We will really only have Lee and POB competing for the job. We very well could be in this same situation again next year. If Gebbia hasn't played all season and POB and Lee get injured vs Minny and/or PSU, we will be facing the same dilemma.

Trying to plan ahead and making sure you get the necessary prep time and game experience for a 3rd string, true fresh qb that youre wanting to redshirt is ridiculous. it's one thing of if the 2nd guy but the 3rd? Cmon. You cant prepare for everything. If youre first two guys get hurt in the matter of back to back weeks, and youre just not good enough to overcome it, you just have to wash your hands of it and say "sh#t, it just wasnt our year". sh#t happens. But situations like cant be used as means of preach and saying the coaches screwed up not having POB ready. Or already next year saying they wouldnt have Gebbia ready.

• Fire 1

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.

That's inept coaching. My 2 cents. Not interested in arguing about it.

Why do you assume he was "shown the door"? Maybe he made a personal decision to transfer? But I suppose that doesn't fit many fan's narrative about the coaches.

Did anyone know that last years Nebraska QB Tommy Armstrong did something unprecedented in College football history?

In back to back games, he was the MVP for Iowa in their game against the Huskers, and the MVP in their Bowl game too.

BTW,

How is that Big 10 conference working out for you Bugeaters?

Remember how all of you said back in the 90's how you'd kick any team in the B1G's a$$?

I completely agree with you. This is not a throw away game, nor is the B10 championship or the bowl game. We possibly have 3 games left, and definately two. Start treating this season like it's worth something.

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.

That's inept coaching. My 2 cents. Not interested in arguing about it.

Of course you don't want to argue about it. You have no idea whether what you said is true or not. Who would want to argue when their defense is that flimsy?

• Fire 3

I am going to make a ridiculous statement and then say "I refuse to argue about what i just said".

Tommy Armstrong forced Stanton and Bush to transfer because he wanted more leg room on the charter plane. Not interested in arguing my factual statement.

actually that's pretty much how it went down :P