SIGNED - RB Jaylin Bradley

Mavric

• 4 months later...

Okay, so this has been bothering me. Let's discuss.

Everyone on this board has been discussing his academics and how they are not on point to attend Nebraska, or anything D1 school for that matter... Now, onto the part that bothers me.

Over on Scout.com--

There is a poster named JackD, who is actually a mod, who says he has an insider (classmate of Bradley's), who says it's not Bradleys fault, it's his ELEMENTARY TEACHERS WHO DROPPED THE BALL.

Now, this bothers me.

DISCUSS.

Edited by Mavric
MattyIce started this thread. I moved a post ahead of it to create the profile.

EXCERPT 1:

He is really good, and a great kid by all accounts. Sounds like his elementary school teachers failed him and when he got to high school he was not equipped with the basic tools to stay above water. If he were academically eligible throughout the whole process he would have double digit Power 5 offers and rated higher than Ozigbo or Bryant in my estimation.

EXCERPT 2:

Maybe I do not want to give the details but am comfortable based on the information I have from one of his good friends in saying it was not his fault.

But the details should not be placed on a message board, premium or otherwise. If you want to be a jerk you were successful

EXCERPT 3:

My wife is a first grade teacher at a Title 1 school in the metro, not only do I "but that story" I can guarantees there are hundreds like him every year in OPS, BPS, D66, Ralston, etc. she is not my 'source' on this but I know for a fact this is not unusual. Glad you are lucky enough to have never experienced the education system that many grow up in.

Reading between the lines (second-to-thirdhand here), but I think what he's saying is that his elementary school teachers let him skate by without holding him accountable. That type of behavior snowballs until it smacks the student in the face later on in life (be it in HS or even college). If he didn't have any sort of work ethic, that would lend itself to him struggling in his first two years of HS, no matter how smart he is.

As I'm unfamiliar with his situation, what are the chances he gets the academic stuff cleared up? Potential preferred walk-on candidate? Or will he go JUCO?

All the talk has been that if he gets his grades up, and gets a qualifying ACT score, he'll get a scholly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a Juco if Nebraska wants to stash him for a couple years.

As I'm unfamiliar with his situation, what are the chances he gets the academic stuff cleared up? Potential preferred walk-on candidate? Or will he go JUCO?

All the talk has been that if he gets his grades up, and gets a qualifying ACT score, he'll get a scholly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a Juco if Nebraska wants to stash him for a couple years.

PS, those ideas always sound great, but can anyone name the last time it actually worked out that way? (Meaning, we stashed him at a JUCO and then they eventually ended up at Nebraska)