Trump and the Press

Well...my outrage on this is with the reporters.

You know you work for an organization that is going to be under intense scrutiny. Make damn sure you are doing everything right.

This just gives trump that much more ammo yo convince his sheep that everything on CNN is fake.

Idiots.

• Fire 2

When is someone going to fire back to her about how Trump totally fabricates "facts" in his tweets but the news isn't supposed to hold him accountable.

OR....that he spent how many years promoting fake crap about Obama's citizenship or place of birth.

OR...that he his administration has allowed an outlet into the Whitehouse that actually promoted and still does the idea that Sandyhook was faked by the Government.

I am so F'ing sick and tired of this administrations attitude towards what is reality and what isn't.

I was hoping that when Spicer was taken out of these briefings, he would be replaced with someone with less attitude. Instead, they throw someone out there that is even worse.

• Fire 4

The problem is that this kind of thing is very effective. People who lack critical thinking skills eat this stuff up. It reinforces their tribal mentality and sticks it to the "enemy," nevermind the fact that the enemy is an artificial construct in the first place (because we're all Americans).

We've seen its effectiveness right here on this board. As long as it continues to work, they'll keep doing it.

• Fire 3

Somewhat related: James O'Keefe's Project Veritas has another video sting. This one aimed at a CNN producer.

It would be interesting to find out what might have gotten left on the editing floor. In reading this quote below, the producer covers medical issues - which in itself just

makes it an opinion article - kind of a big stretch from medical issues to Russian collusion. So now the Trump team is doing all they can to discredit CNN as I'm sure the

video was done in COLLUSION wt the Trump team.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cnn-producer-trump-probably-right-about-russian-witch-hunt/article/2627180

A producer for CNN admitted in a newly released undercover spy video that President Trump is "probably right" in accusing his opponents of engaging in a witch hunt as it relates to collusion with Russia.

The video, published online Monday night by conservative sting activist James O'Keefe's Project Veritas website, shows John Bonifield, a CNN producer who covers medical issues, saying, "I just feel like they really don't have it [proof of collusion] but they want to keep digging."

He continued, "And so I think the president is probably right to say, ‘Look, you are witch hunting me.'"

http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/27/cnn-producer-fesses-just-russia-stuff-ratings/

That's just crazy.

"Why is CNN constantly like Russia this, Russia that?' an unnamed Project Veritas reporter asks John Bonifield, CNN supervising producer, in a video that appears to have been filmed covertly.

Because its ratings, Bonifield said. Our ratings are incredible right now.

Bonifield said CNN CEO Jeff Zucker told his staff to get back to the Russia collusion story after they covered Trumps decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord for two days, and implied that this decision was driven by ratings.

All the nice cutesey ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school, youre like: Thats adorable,' he said. This is a business.

Even if Russia was trying to swing an election, we try to swing their elections, Bonifield said. Our CIA is doing sh-t all the time, were out there trying to manipulate governments.

When asked if he thought the Russia collusion story was legitimate or all hype, Bonifield said its mostly bullsh-t right now.

Like we dont have any big giant proof, he said. I think the president is probably right to say, like, Look, you are witch-hunting me. You have no smoking gun. You have no real proof.'