Trump and the Press

The thing is - it may not happen right now, but if these news outlets hold their ground there will be plenty of "leaks" and insider information shared, he ultimately turns on everybody but his children, and he can't handle a "lack" of attention. The minute they press says,' ok thanks, but no thanks - we don't do off the records" he'd lose his mind. Best thing that could possibly happen is that ALL news outlets agree - nobody goes for the insider track. Other than Fox I'm sure others would agree the time has come to act like they work for the public, and are not some pawn of the president. Good investigative reporting can make a come back. I've just subscribed to the NYTimes and the Washington Post in an effort to support their focus.

The thing is - it may not happen right now, but if these news outlets hold their ground there will be plenty of "leaks" and insider information shared, he ultimately turns on everybody but his children, and he can't handle a "lack" of attention. The minute they press says,' ok thanks, but no thanks - we don't do off the records" he'd lose his mind. Best thing that could possibly happen is that ALL news outlets agree - nobody goes for the insider track. Other than Fox I'm sure others would agree the time has come to act like they work for the public, and are not some pawn of the president. Good investigative reporting can make a come back. I've just subscribed to the NYTimes and the Washington Post in an effort to support their focus.

I've had the same thoughts. I have done my share of ragging on the US media for being in the pockets of various political parties or groups.

BUT....this may be the point where they break from that and actually start doing their jobs.

There is hope.

• Fire 2

Supposedly after the times tweeted that they had not changed the terms, that they always demanded some "on the record" time, and that they didn't know the meeting was cancelled until he tweeted it, he changed his tune. I don't know why people don't tape him in his tirades, if what we see on twitter is indicative he is bouncing off those golden walls and spinning circles.

22820160158189.jpg

• Fire 1

• 5 weeks later...

I would think at some point the major media / press would start to figure out that Trump is not your everyday bear and if they think they can just pull his strings like so many Republican puppets of the past, it isn't going to happen. Trump has been playing the game so far ahead of the liberal media, they can't even see there. It is quite fun to watch. It is about time.

Social media and non-traditional (I think I like that term for a description of those not included in the 'mainstream media' which is fast losing its relavance. This is what has the liberals so absolutely nuts now is that it is finally dawning on them that they no longer can control the narrative and spin their way out of the inconvenient truth that is common sense reality.

A majority of Americans are getting their news from a whole bunch of sources and apparently liberals are not getting many 'facts' from the places they like to go to read what they want to read and hear what the want to hear. This explains why the liberals and most of the 'mainstream media' completely missed the election results and have no clue why Trump and the non establishment types are so popular today (Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, etc).. Most Americans have seen through all the BS of the establishment and want BIG change. I think 8 years of Obama was about 4 too many for a solid majority. People elected Obama the first time with the same basic idea of 'change' and something non-traditional and non establishment. Well they got that but not the kind of change they want. They want a return to traditional American values and away from the political 'correctness' which most now understand is not correct at all.

The more the liberal media attacks Trump, the more popular he will become. He is going to say things without the PC gloss and pretention. These statements may shock some but I already see a gradual change as the media is simply at a loss for words but have found that overreacting with arrogant pretention and a show of high and mighty disgust is NOT working. Their audience share has got to be falling and at some point, networks without a representative of the conservative and the Trump point of view in a prominent and roughly equivalent role in the programming will result in dramatic decline in the viewership. The media better stop the spinning and start reporting honestly and accurately or they will be out of business.

• Fire 1