Iowa writer's take on the game

Caven

Good quote from Mike Riley here:

“It seems like a really great natural rivalry that will just do nothing but grow and become bigger and bigger. I mean, just the proximity, kind of the like-mindedness, I just think it’s a perfect fit that way,” Husker coach Mike Riley said. “The guys in this program see them as, they’ll be a constant competitor for this Western Division deal. So every game will be big, and you know, I think the rivalry part of it will be great for all of us surrounding, the fans, and I think it will become more and more real.”

http://hawkeyenation.com/football/preview-prediction-plenty-line-hawkeyes-huskers

• Fire 1

DPE finally houses one this year.

That's what I was going to say, wouldn't that be sweet?! :lol:

If we actually set up a return it could easily go for 6 at least once in the game.

I know, we neither set up for the return or the block which makes zero sense to me. :facepalm:It's painful to watch.......

Especially since we have DPE back there--the guy who was best in the nation two years ago. Weird. :hmmph:

If we actually set up a return it could easily go for 6 at least once in the game.

I know, we neither set up for the return or the block which makes zero sense to me. :facepalm:It's painful to watch.......

Especially since we have DPE back there--the guy who was best in the nation two years ago. Weird. :hmmph:

Best by over 300 yards to the next closest returner........

• Fire 1

Shows how terrible our special teams coach is, I'm surprised that duty hasn't been taking over by someone else at this point. I expect that to be the first thing dealt with once the off-season begins. If he isn't gone soon I'll be extremely disappointed.

• Fire 1

Well, if we've been holding back all these new plays, formations, tricks, etc., it's high time we use a few because this is a very important win for the program. We need a 10th regular season win for starters and should Minne upset those stinkin Badges, then we get the honor and distinction of playing in Indiana! LOL Another TV game and recruiting bonus. God willing, we might just pull off the upset and be the champions of the best conference in the country! Now that is something we can actually brag about! A great bowl is at stake too!

And, if we simply pretend the Ohio State game didn't happen, then we were only a single play away in overtime of one game of winning them all!