RB C.J. Verdell [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

A fast, quick RB with hands is always a receiver threat so why not ?

I would prefer a RB that is 6' tall so he can be moved to LB or safety. 5-9 is short for even CB but apparently he is fast enough to play there. We certainly always need a punt and kick returner too. You always want speed whenever you can find it. He seems like a good one so why not? Injuries, personal issues, etc always cause some attrition across almost every position.

But we need O linemen so if you are going to spend any scholarships, do them wisely and when in doubt, take offensive linemen in my view. 5-9 RBs are not normally the best blockers on pass protection plays so that has to be factored in as well.

I would prefer a RB that is 6' tall so he can be moved to LB or safety. 5-9 is short for even CB but apparently he is fast enough to play there. We certainly always need a punt and kick returner too. You always want speed whenever you can find it. He seems like a good one so why not? Injuries, personal issues, etc always cause some attrition across almost every position.

But we need O linemen so if you are going to spend any scholarships, do them wisely and when in doubt, take offensive linemen in my view. 5-9 RBs are not normally the best blockers on pass protection plays so that has to be factored in as well.

Why are you trying to move running backs to defense???? Where is your thought process going here. You are one strange cat sometimes.

Why are you trying to move running backs to defense???? Where is your thought process going here. You are one strange cat sometimes.

Probably because Osborne used that kind of tactic a bit when he was coaching.

Probably because Osborne used that kind of tactic a bit when he was coaching.

This is a different game. I loved the 90s as much as anyone but we need a progressive way of thinking. Also 5-9 running backs and or linebackers aren't terrible.

Cody....Glenn....

Cody....Glenn....

So one running back (power back at that) made the switch and that's the anchor to the argument???? He wasn't even a stand out player.

Cody....Glenn....

So one running back (power back at that) made the switch and that's the anchor to the argument???? He wasn't even a stand out player.

Exactly.

Cody....Glenn....

I HATE that I'm defending the man, but I'm a man who likes the truth... Amukamara was a RB. Abdullah was a CB, we were the only school that would give him the shot at RB. Your argument can be shredded.
  • Fire 2

Cody....Glenn....
I HATE that I'm defending the man, but I'm a man who likes the truth... Amukamara was a RB. Abdullah was a CB, we were the only school that would give him the shot at RB. Your argument can be shredded.

I respect that Input but still hate the idea of recruiting someone just based on the fact they might work elsewhere if they aren't good enough at their position.

Cody....Glenn....

I respect that Input but still hate the idea of recruiting someone just based on the fact they might work elsewhere if they aren't good enough at their position.

Good Athletes play many positions throughout there HS years, I would imagine there is film somewhere. Also you can not teach speed, but a smart kid can be taught to play other positions.

Cody....Glenn....

Good Athletes play many positions throughout there HS years, I would imagine there is film somewhere. Also you can not teach speed, but a smart kid can be taught to play other positions.

That's what al Davis used to say. It became outdated quick with him as well. I agree with the notion of recruiting athletes. I don't agree with saying "this running back is to short and we shouldn't recruit him because he can't play linebacker"