Who are we rooting for this weekend?

gorp512

Just looking for a consensus on who we are rooting for in conference games this weekend. To get the Huskers into the CCG, strengthen our schedule, and for personal reasons. Is this about right?

HUSKERS vs Iowa

NORTHWESTERN vs Illinois

MARYLAND vs Rutgers

PENN STATE vs Michigan State

MINNESOTA vs Wisconsin

And as much as it stings....

OHIO STATE vs Michigan

• Fire 1

Root for the Huskers, the Goophers and the Lions. I think we'd like to play Penn State in the CCG. Winning the Big Ten would be a complete 'coup' as none of the serious pundits, except maybe the Dr. Pepper guy (I'm a Pepper btw) picked us to win it all! As Big Ten champs we get a darn good bowl game. Though I want to face a team we have a chance to beat. We need wins this year to recruit - recruit - recruit and maybe land a few more recruits. Let's get a bunch and find 25 3 star walk ons. We 'need' them all over the field so we can once again have a '3 deep chart instead of a 2 deep chart with holes and duplicates all over it going into next fall - loaded with lots of underclassmen.

Root for the Huskers, the Goophers and the Lions. I think we'd like to play Penn State in the CCG. Winning the Big Ten would be a complete 'coup' as none of the serious pundits, except maybe the Dr. Pepper guy (I'm a Pepper btw) picked us to win it all! As Big Ten champs we get a darn good bowl game. Though I want to face a team we have a chance to beat. We need wins this year to recruit - recruit - recruit and maybe land a few more recruits. Let's get a bunch and find 25 3 star walk ons. We 'need' them all over the field so we can once again have a '3 deep chart instead of a 2 deep chart with holes and duplicates all over it going into next fall - loaded with lots of underclassmen.

Wouldn't they end up in the Rose Bowl vs USC? The Outback Bowl protections vs SEC schools were fun, but an appearance in the Rose Bowl would be fantastic. Go Big Red!

The buffaloes in the Rose bowl sounds strange but it would be kind of neat to say the old Big 8 teams win the Pac and BigTen the same year. LOL Odd but neat. I think we could handle those buffies in the Rose. I attended Nebraska's Rose Bowl appearance and it was NOT a fond memory. They don't even know how to tailgate in California in my view. There were 20 thousand Canes and Huskers fans at the stadium hours before the game and maybe 40 porta-pots ! Lines were about a block long. You basically had to drink and visit while standing in the 'pisser' lines as you'd need to go by the time you got through the line again. And while it was nice to find beer sold in the stadium during the game, they literally ran out of beer in the first quarter and during that game, Nebraska fans needed all the beer you could drink in order to just keep watching as painful as it was. LOL We had fun except for the game I suppose. Still it was a little odd in southern Cal.

Minnesota is the most important. But since that game is later than the Ohio State vs Michigan game, I'll be going for Ohio State (never thought I would say that). That way I will know if I need a second tv on to watch Penn State at the same time as Minnesota. Of course, all of that hinges on today. We don't win today, I might not watch any football on Saturday.