Trump Promises Megathread: Kept or Broken

Couldnt agree more TG. I'd only change activity in your comments to "distractions". We cant allow distractions to hide the lack of activity and "activity" to cloud the sense of accomplishment.

You see the press release sent out yet on his first 100 days? Its offensive. Reminds me of his doctor's note and the holicaust press release.

I don't care that a president doesn't get a crapton done in the first 100 days. That's kind of the way things are now. We have a deadlocked congress.

That said Trump made promises. He and his ignorant followers loved to say Obama did nothing. There was a reason Obama did "nothing." The president is not all powerful. Trump and his followers seemed completely ignorant to this fact. Not everything bad is the president's fault. Not everything good is caused by the president. Not everything the president wishes happens immediately.

He deserves all the bad press he gets for doing almost nothing he promised in 100 days because he was too stupid to realize it's harder than waving a magic wand.

• Fire 1

Couldnt agree more TG. I'd only change activity in your comments to "distractions". We cant allow distractions to hide the lack of activity and "activity" to cloud the sense of accomplishment.

You see the press release sent out yet on his first 100 days? Its offensive. Reminds me of his doctor's note and the holicaust press release.

I got a feeling that N Korea is about to become one big distraction.

I find it quite funny that a Republican President and his followers are touting signing executive orders as a great accomplishment.

There is so much about that that is mind blowing.

The GOP's supporters are uber-partisan hypocrites. That's been clear for years, and it sadly comes as no shock to see none of them willing to own up to it in light of Trump actually being put into power.

QFT. Read this thread if you haven't.

TL;DR: Whoever compiled that EO count for Trump's 100 days emails in post #199 used a resource that listed "significant" but not ALL EOs a president pushed through. They didn't realize this and sent out an EO count that is massively wrong.

Also, bragging about all the bills passed so far. Past presidents have passed extremely influential and significant legislation in their first 100 days. Trump's renamed VA clinics, appointed regents to the Smithsonian, and got a waiver so Mattis could be SoD.

WINNING!

I'll say it again:

Trump is going to really feel the effects of his personality at some point in the future. Perhaps in 2020 when we have a clip show of all his grandiose claims strung together side-by-side with the reality of what he's actually delivered, more people will realize what a con they've been roped into.

The Israeli/Palestinian issue is purely an ego thing for him.

He claims to be the best negotiator in the world. Well....how best to prove that than negotiating the hottest issue facing the world since 1945.

What will be interesting to see is what his excuse is when he fails miserably....because his ego won't allow him to admit he failed.

The Israeli/Palestinian issue is purely an ego thing for him.

He claims to be the best negotiator in the world. Well....how best to prove that than negotiating the hottest issue facing the world since 1945.

What will be interesting to see is what his excuse is when he fails miserably....because his ego won't allow him to admit he failed.

I've got an idea or two...

Something similar to his complaints about Congress. "The rules are archaic and outdated. It's a bad system that needs changed. We need shutdown! SAD!"

Not the kind of op-ed I expected from Business Insider, but bravo: http://www.businessinsider.com/deregulation-is-the-only-policy-in-the-trump-administration-2017-5

When pressed on how the administration would be making larger scale change he said simply "a lot of the benefits of this will come from deregulation."

Oh.

Trump's administration ... lacks the experience to build detailed policies. [...]

When it comes to government, you can't just throw out a buzz word and watch things correct themselves.

Deregulation == platitude, not policy.

This stuff falls in the realm of promises kept. The question I have is why we wanted that in the first place. Can't we see a huckster from a mile away? If not, how are we not doomed to returning to this mistake time and time again?

• Fire 1