Trump Promises Megathread: Kept or Broken

And, a priceless quote from the op-ed.

So do I. And when I picture him at that Time magazine dinner, with a portion bigger than anybody elses, I dont see him on a throne. I see him in a highchair, keeping his audience guessing about just how much ice cream hell fling against the wall.

Why couldn't more people see this? It was clear as day before we voted.

Simple.....

P...A....R...T...Y........P.....O....L....I.....T....I....C.....S

It is imperative that all of us (no matter what party you more closely align to) STOP DOING THIS!!!!!!

• Fire 1

There existed one major party in the United States that could have sponsored the rise of a man with the qualities and politics of Donald Trump. I suppose the left could have given over to Sanders.

I would call this a strong populist tide more than anything. I think it's imperative that we understand this. Parties always have and always will exist. Regardless of their number, we must recognize the dynamics at play when it comes to the rise of brutal, plainly incompetent authoritarians. There is a reason people flock to such characters and it's always the same throughout history.

6. Fix Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security with no reduction in benefits

Meanwhile, on Trump's old website...

Donald Trump says if he runs for president he’ll make sure entitlement programs aren’t touched.

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Trump told The Daily Signal. “Every other Republican is going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do.”

Trump, the successful businessman who has flirted with a political career in the past, spent time in Iowa recently to talk about the issues at the top of his agenda.

Using the theme, “Make America Great Again,” Trump vowed to transform the country into a rich and prosperous nation. For starters, he plans to take dead aim at China’s currency manipulation tactics.

“When you look at these killers from China, they’re just taking our money out of our pocket,” he said. “Jobs, our manufacturing, then they loan it back to us. They have $1.3 trillion in our debt. They own it. We are paying them interest on $1.3 trillion. They got it incorrectly with manipulation, currency manipulation and then they loan us back the money that they took from us.”

Brutal bait and switch.

• Fire 4

Carrier will keep their jobs in the US! Just kidding...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-carrier-layoffs-trump-20170525-story.html

Seriously????

Oh...that's priceless.

#wherestheoutrage?

Pretty unbelievable but then again not. Trump campaigns for the 'common man' and talks tough but as usual he gets played by the other party. Previously it was China (now not a currency manipulator) and now by Carrier.

This is a case of talking tough on the campaign trail when he is absolutely clueless as to reality but his base gets all lathered up.

Then, when reality hits him in the face....oh....can't do that.

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/870289685461032960

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/870290057093165060

Remember, solving the Israel vs. Palestinian issue is "easy".

Every politicians encounters this. They usually don't encounter it with every single issue they campaigned on...
  • Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Trump: 'I would rarely leave the White House'

Real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump ® says he wouldn’t get out much if he wins the Oval Office next year.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”