Trump Promises Megathread: Kept or Broken

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/eric-trump-slams-russia-probe-media/2017/08/29/id/810554/

I think this thread alone blows the bold delusional quote below out of the water.

"It's important to keep it in context — otherwise, quite frankly, you'd probably end up killing yourself out of depression," Trump said.

"But he's doing a great job.

"He's kept every single promise that he's made," he added. "He's doing everything that he said he would do — and we have a better country because of it."

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I talked to my cousin's husband last Christmas (2016) because they live in CO. I was curious how they'd feel if Trump came afternoon legal weed. He replied flippantly that Trump was for state's rights (which, as far as we knew on this issue, he was!). I told him Sessions wasn't and hated weed. Took a while,  but it seems I proved right.

This is really a lesson in A) not trusting anything Trump says about anything but also B) him not having the bet understanding of his role pre-election. I think he assumed nothing like this would happen without his appproval first. Of course, he could also likely nix this move by royal decree (Tweet), but I very seriously doubt he will at this point.

It will be interesting how libertarians choose to respond. This is a poor use of policing and DOJ priorities. Reeks of overreach on a bad federal policy.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The list of achievements is....well it's interesting 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

The list of achievements is....well it's interesting 

I would say these are the only ones worth mentioning at all - listed below with my comments in red.  One can argue if they are accomplishments or not depending on political perspective.    Tax reform and appointing Gorsuch will have long lasting affects as will the Paris climate agreement.     The others are fairly superficial, hyped or just place there to get to the # 10. 

I agree wt tax reform in principle but I don't like much of how this one turned out.  So I see it as a missed opportunity.

3. He enacted historic tax and regulatory reform that has unleashed economic growth. Trump signed the first comprehensive tax reform in three decades and removed the wet blanket of Obama-era regulations smothering our economy. We are now heading into our third consecutive quarter of above 3 percent growth.

I agree wt the Gorsuch nomination and a move towards conservative judges:

2. He is installing conservative judges who will preside for decades. With his appointment of Neil M. Gorsuch, Trump secured a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, and he is moving at record pace to fill the federal appeals courts with young conservative judges.

# 8 hasn't been fulfilled as he hasn't moved our embassy yet, so it cannot be claimed as an accomplishment.  But his announcement will have long term affects. 

8. He recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Four American presidents promised to do it, but only one actually did. This is why the American people elected Trump. He does what he promises to do, for better or for worse — in this case, definitely for the better. Even Jeb Bush tweeted his approval.

Climate agreement withdrawal is a miss also.  I think it would be better to have worked on improving the deal - if he is such a great negotiator he should have insisted that it be brought back to the table to address some of the inadequacies.  The USA looses out on a leadership role by leaving the accord all together.  Others criticized Obama for 'Leading from Behind",  This is precisely what Trump is doing here - however he is just 'behind' (or should I say a behind;)).  You don't walk away from important issues (more like take your ball and go home crying), you lead if you believe an issue needs to be addressed.  We gave up our right to lead on this subject. 

7. He withdrew from the Paris climate agreement. After George W. Bush pulled out of the disastrous Kyoto treaty, U.S. emissions went down faster than much of Europe. The same will be true for Trump’s departure from the Paris accord. Combined with his approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, and opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to exploration, Trump is helping usher in a new age of American energy development.