Penn State v Wisconsin

Branno

Watching Penn State makes me want a good, not just marginally effective, passing game.

Yes, but Penn State is able to run so many spread principles because McSorley can make plays running. I worry that Riley's QBs that he is bringing in won't be able to do that.

Why would you need a running QB to run spread?
I didn't say "running QB", I said a QB who can run. There is a difference.

Watching Penn State makes me want a good, not just marginally effective, passing game.

Yes, but Penn State is able to run so many spread principles because McSorley can make plays running. I worry that Riley's QBs that he is bringing in won't be able to do that.

Why would you need a running QB to run spread?
I didn't say "running QB", I said a QB who can run. There is a difference.

Semantics. Either way McSorley had 6 rushes for -20 yards with a long of 3.

PSU are B1G champs. Hope one day i get to say we are the champs, not sure it will be anytime soon unfortunately, but i hope i am wrong.

I think PSU shows it's achievable... although their recruiting is usually above ours.

I remember when PSU was going through the Paterno crap and a lot of Nebraska fans saying that they were thankful that NU was on the rise at the time and glad that we weren't in PSU's position with the sanctions. Well they just won their first B1G Championship game and we are still waiting. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

PSU are B1G champs. Hope one day i get to say we are the champs, not sure it will be anytime soon unfortunately, but i hope i am wrong.

I think PSU shows it's achievable... although their recruiting is usually above ours.

I remember when PSU was going through the Paterno crap and a lot of Nebraska fans saying that they were thankful that NU was on the rise at the time and glad that we weren't in PSU's position with the sanctions. Well they just won their first B1G Championship game and we are still waiting. :facepalm:

The sanctions would have had a much bigger impact if they'd actually been implemented. IIRC they were supposed to have 65 scholarships every year for 4 years and be banned from postseason play. Instead, almost all of them were lifted after 1 or 2 seasons. The scholarships were bumped up to 75 by 2014 and back to 85 in 2015. They were supposed to lose 80 scholarships and I think they lost 30? And the bowl ban was removed in 2014.

It sent a great message to other schools (like Baylor) which is to keep covering things up - you'll barely be punished anyway.

• Fire 1