Helfrich out at Oregon

Atbone95

Early sources reporting. Does Oregon want Frost back this quick, or are we dodging a bullet here? Give Scott a few more years with Oregon out of competition?

My baseless guess says he'd go back.

I would be shocked if he did go back then would leave to come here.

He wouldn't. UCF is his training ground. His next gig is going to be a big school (and in today's day and age, his one chance to stake his claim). Once he chooses a school, he's there until they fire him.

If he goes to Oregon, he will not coach at Nebraska.

Wow...if this is true I suppose he was just a figure head and the true knowledge was with Chip Kelly and Scott Frost. I sense it is part that and part that they could not reload at QB. The year Oregon played Ohio St. in the championship it was painfully obvious Helfrich was way overmatched against the Urb.

The slide in recruiting is also a big part of this. Not just on field results that have declined.

I'm not a told you so guy but I told you guys that I wasn't high on them this year and they are my team.

Losing at NU and getting to see it in person it was painfully obvious they lacked a fire. They looked like a team that expected to win because of the "O" on their uniform. Rather than relying on making plays.

I think that people worry a lot that if schools can a guy "early" in his contract that other coaches won't want to go there, that just isn't true. They are signing a winning lotto ticket no matter if they make it 1 season or 15. They get all that money. The second the sign they are pretty much set for life.

Secondly, Fleck would be a great hire but it MIGHT be hard to pull him out of the midwest.

Thirdly...they should go hire Gary Anderson from OSU.

Well... a whole bunch of recruits just got question marks next to their names.

RB we just offered

Lenoir

R Johnson (although still uncommitted)

Redd

Cotton

If true about Helfrich if Oregon makes a big hire or make a hire that the recruits like they won't leave.

Names are Frost, Fleck, the Boise State coach, Eastern Washington Coach and surprisingly Florida coach and Franklin from Penn State (which I dont see happening now that they are in the B1G title game).

Anyways, I dont want Frost to go there. Why? Because he may just work out really well for them and I have been opening for Frost to take over Nebraska when the time comes for Riley's tenure to be over. But I don't know if Oregon wants him either. Why? Because Oregon tried to continue this thing that Chip Kelly created and it didnt work out in the long run. Do they still want to try that system? Although Frost seems to be a much more fire you up type of guy compared to Helfrich.

However, Frost probably retains several of those long time assistants Oregon has plus brings back a few good assistants he took with him from Oregon to UCF. That may intrigue the Ducks.

This is going to be interesting to see who they hire as Nebraska has to go to Eugene next year. Either a new coach comes in with that young talent and grooms them into a very good team, or does it take the team a little while to understand the new coaches and schemes?

Also what will happen to their recruiting class now?