Bruce Read. Fired

Don't stop there! Show Banker the door

I truly am not sure Banker needs to go...

He did well against bad offenses. That said when your offense goes 3 and out over and over it gives the opposing team way more time to score more points and do it against a tired defense. Neither the OSU or Iowa games would have been so lopsided if our offense played even decently.

I said before the Iowa game he should be fired though.

if Riley wants to actually win big Banker needs to go

amen brother

Riley is realizing that NU isn't Corvallis and there are actual expectations from the coaches.

Remains to be seen if this will be effective or if this is rearranging chairs on the titanic.

Even if it's just rearranging chairs, at least we know that Riley is trying to make changes to get the team in the best position to be successful.

Which is more than Bo ever did in 7 years. Riley has fired 2 guys in 2 years.

Which one actually tried patching the leak and which one said screw it and set the ship on fire?

Listen, I'm not big on Pelini but if you don't think Shawn Watson and Carl Pelini moving on weren't "highly encouraged" by Bo you are crazy.

"highly encouraged" meaning you're fired but I will give you a chance to save face.

Watson went because he wasn't Bo's yes man.

I'm pretty sure Carl taking a HC job had very little to do with Bo insisting he take it. lol

Ummm, a certain booster and an illicit relationship Carl was having with his married daughter tell a different story.

Carl's off the field bullsh#t ended his good gig as DC here, not the on the field product. Quite different than Riley firing someone for poor on the field results.

Riley is realizing that NU isn't Corvallis and there are actual expectations from the coaches.

Remains to be seen if this will be effective or if this is rearranging chairs on the titanic.

Even if it's just rearranging chairs, at least we know that Riley is trying to make changes to get the team in the best position to be successful.

Which one actually tried patching the leak and which one said screw it and set the ship on fire?

Listen, I'm not big on Pelini but if you don't think Shawn Watson and Carl Pelini moving on weren't "highly encouraged" by Bo you are crazy.

"highly encouraged" meaning you're fired but I will give you a chance to save face.

I'm pretty sure Carl taking a HC job had very little to do with Bo insisting he take it. lol

Ummm, a certain booster and an illicit relationship Carl was having with his married daughter tell a different story.

Carl's off the field bullsh#t ended his good gig as DC here, not the on the field product. Quite different than Riley firing someone for poor on the field results.

Fair enough, I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together on what you were getting at. Either way, it is encouraging that our HC has the gumption to make a move no matter how close a friend the person is.

Bos defense went to crap when Carl left.
  • Fire 1

Don't stop there! Show Banker the door

I truly am not sure Banker needs to go...
re-watch the OSU and Iowa game and get back to me.

So.... our entire defense missing tackles is the DC's fault?

Ultimately poor/missing tackles does fall back on the coordinator. It falls back on him to teach and practice proper pursuit angles, good tackling technique, and reinforce the importance of good eye discipline, not over pursuing, staying home etc. We saw problems in many of those areas in the Iowa game.

when he sh#t cans banker then I will get behind mike on trying to help the team

Folks--Banker won't be fired unless they can line up a quality DC to replace him first...and honestly, there aren't a lot of those on the market, and I don't think we can afford to risk promoting a position coach up.

Plus, would terminating Banker impact our recruitment? I haven't kept up on our recruiting...

• Fire 1

Folks--Banker won't be fired unless they can line up a quality DC to replace him first...and honestly, there aren't a lot of those on the market, and I don't think we can afford to risk promoting a position coach up.

Plus, would terminating Banker impact our recruitment? I haven't kept up on our recruiting...

I would take my chances with Bray. He can't be any worse and is a much better recruiter.