Bruce Read. Fired

Don't stop there! Show Banker the door

I truly am not sure Banker needs to go...
He did well against bad offenses. That said when your offense goes 3 and out over and over it gives the opposing team way more time to score more points and do it against a tired defense. Neither the OSU or Iowa games would have been so lopsided if our offense played even decently.

I said before the Iowa game he should be fired though.

if Riley wants to actually win big Banker needs to go

Yes I agree. Basically what I'm saying is the D isn't as bad as the score makes it look. But, we aren't winning championships with Banker as the coordinator.

nope.I like the guy as a commentator though.he would be epic at that

It hasn't all been DPE either, but this has been an up-and-down season for him coming back from injury. I think it's telling that they considered redshirting him, which in retrospect, may have been wiser had DPE been open to it.

There was a lot of hope DPE would be this jet sweep, slot WR, do-everything machine and it hasn't materialized. It's not close to being all on him, but with one year left the hopes that this will ever happen are starting to close.

I'm surprised that Read was actually fired, but I think Riley's comment was revealing. Read wasn't much of a recruiter. And for every good thing ST did, it seemed like they had two bad mishaps even towards the tail end of the year. I'm curious to see how he'll be replaced!

DPR as WR is a different topic. Even with the crapshow we've seen on the PR team he was #3... in the conference I think? Can't remember.

Very impressed that Riley wasted no time with this.

Riley has been loyal to Read his entire career. Been one of his guys that has followed him everywhere. But Riley made no excuses about performance, and wasted no time in making the decision that had to be made.

No favorites and no nepotism here. Only results matter.

• Fire 3

It's about damn time. I mean, after seeing this today, I about spit out my drink.

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/802923961822625792

Just following Sam and his Pick Six Podcast he does not seem to be the biggest fan of DPE for whatever reason

Sam likes DPE as a punt returner, but he's not a fan of DPE the receiver. Regarding punt returns, there is nothing wrong with healthy competition. If JD Spielman or someone else can do better, put them back there.

With Read's vaunted "let everyone stand around while 6 guys swarm the return man" punting unit, he will have no problems finding a new job.

Best of luck shitbag

Woah... really?

Yes, really. Punt returns and kickoff returns were absolutely terrible this year. Or was the shitbag comment too much?