247 article mentions options to replace Read

There are plenty of coaches outside of the program for Riley and company to consider, but one with Nebraska ties and special teams experience is Dan Jackson at South Dakota State. The secondary coach for the Jackrabbits has spent a lot of time in the midwest recruiting, grew up at Nebraska and is well-known by high schools in the state. He worked at Nebraska’s camp in June and has gotten to know the staff. With SDSU, Jackson helped with special teams coaching, with his duties being punt return and kickoff.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Nebraska-has-options-to-replace-Read-49336468

It is a long shot, but Dan is a personal friend and I am rooting for him on this one. He is a great coach, and an excellent recruiter.

• Fire 5

I think Tavita first, then another STs coach if there's a 10th spot.

I thought the NCAA approved a 10th spot for salaried coaches starting next season...so perhaps we could do both Tavita and Jackson?

It is my understanding that they still have to vote on it but it seems likely to pass.

edited with link votes to come in April.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=NCAA-committee-proposes-early-signing-periods-adding-10th-assistant-coach

• Fire 3

I think Tavita first, then another STs coach if there's a 10th spot.

I thought the NCAA approved a 10th spot for salaried coaches starting next season...so perhaps we could do both Tavita and Jackson?

It is my understanding that they still have to vote on it but it seems likely to pass.

Ah! Thanks! :)