In the Deed the Glory

247 article mentions options to replace Read

There are plenty of coaches outside of the program for Riley and company to consider, but one with Nebraska ties and special teams experience is Dan Jackson at South Dakota State. The secondary coach for the Jackrabbits has spent a lot of time in the midwest recruiting, grew up at Nebraska and is well-known by high schools in the state. He worked at Nebraska’s camp in June and has gotten to know the staff. With SDSU, Jackson helped with special teams coaching, with his duties being punt return and kickoff.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Nebraska-has-options-to-replace-Read-49336468

It is a long shot, but Dan is a personal friend and I am rooting for him on this one. He is a great coach, and an excellent recruiter.

VectorVictor    1,816

I think Tavita first, then another STs coach if there's a 10th spot.

I thought the NCAA approved a 10th spot for salaried coaches starting next season...so perhaps we could do both Tavita and Jackson?

hskerholic    113

I thought the NCAA approved a 10th spot for salaried coaches starting next season...so perhaps we could do both Tavita and Jackson?

It is my understanding that they still have to vote on it but it seems likely to pass.

edited with link votes to come in April.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=NCAA-committee-proposes-early-signing-periods-adding-10th-assistant-coach

VectorVictor    1,816

It is my understanding that they still have to vote on it but it seems likely to pass.

Ah! Thanks! :)

hskerholic    113

So...in practice are we going to have Williams' Receivers going against Williams CBs?

I love the recruiting aspect of this.

I wonder if he is going to Coach ST and Safties and allow banker to work on the whole Def.

Nebfanatic    858

This is awesome, love the hire. Is Tavita Thompson still becoming an assistant? whenever that 10th spot becomes available I'm guessing?

Treand3    233

Please let this happen. He's a top flight recruiter, especially out west. Hopefully the NCAA approves that 10th spot for Thompson.

Decked    673

Possibly added as a CO-DC helping out Stewart or secondary/ST? Maybe allowing Banker to oversee entire defensive operations and help where he sees fit?

Stumpy1    1,636

He might be hired to help with DBs and also for Recruiting Coordinator. He was the Recruiting Coordinator for San Jose St. when he got hired to Zona.

He seems like he would be a homerun hire from everything I have read. I imagine it would be a pay raise also.