Life without Newby

Although he was improved from last year he still never reached whatever potential coaches thought he had (he turned out pretty much how I thought he would turn out). Two years in a row he started and two years in a row I felt he was the 2nd or 3rd best back. I think the run game next year improves and we see more explosive plays from the RB position... thoughts?

• Fire 3

Newby exceeded my expectations this year. We have been spoiled with the likes of Roy, Rex and AA. Throw in a healthy Martinez and TA and it really overshadows his abilities. Unfortunately, year 2 with no 1000 yard rusher............

I do think that Tre Bryant will be one of those backs who is well rounded and brings what we have been lacking the past few years since the departure of AA. Oz is still a mystery......Wilbon looks good as well. I think the whole running back by committee is great if we have Bama's backfield..... Langs use of them, not so much. But that's just me....

• Fire 2

I think Tre Bryant will bring a explosiveness to the position that we haven't seen for quite some time. I'd like to see our fullbacks get utilized more too.

We almost have to have more FB play if we're going to be using a pocket passing QB next season, yes?

Langsdorf will use a lot of 11 personnel going forward. That's 1 RB, 1 TE, and 3 WR's.

IIRC Newby was the #1 rated RB out of Cali, and Adam Taylor was the #1 rated back out of Texas. I remember thinking that they were going to light the world on fire. Newby at least contributed some meaningful snaps, however I'd say his career was overall a letdown.

What happened to Taylor though? Injury bug? Transfer?

Newby played excellent this year. I honestly think if he had one more year he would be a direct comparison to ameer.

I thought Newby played well this year, but he's not comparable to Ameer.

He has tendencies in his running that are very similar to Ameer is what I should have said. He was really able to make alot if extra yards this year when not much was there. He just lacks that homerun hit.

IIRC Newby was the #1 rated RB out of Cali, and Adam Taylor was the #1 rated back out of Texas. I remember thinking that they were going to light the world on fire. Newby at least contributed some meaningful snaps, however I'd say his career was overall a letdown.

Not sure what happened to him. I was on the Adam Taylor bandwagon for a long time. Every year I've expected him to break out and become a feature back. This year I don't recall even seeing him on the field. He is still on the roster though. Maybe next year ... :lol:

Not sure what happened to him. I was on the Adam Taylor bandwagon for a long time. Every year I've expected him to break out and become a feature back. This year I don't recall even seeing him on the field. He is still on the roster though. Maybe next year ... :lol:

It is disappointing that he hasn't seen the field. But, that just happens sometimes. Kids that look really good in HS sometimes just don't make it in college.

That's why recruiting is a numbers game.

I'm not confident at all with the way these coaches have handled our run game including what backs they decided to use and when and how they used them. I don't see much changing next year. More like waiting to see what running back magically disappears from the field again next year... I used to get excited about our running game. Not anymore sadly enough...