Swap coaches

Vols1891

I was just curious...a lot of us college football fans always see the grass as greener on the other side and want the coach gone whenever a season doesn't go the way we want it. So my question is, would you be willing to switch coaches with Tennessee (we take Riley and you take Butch Jones). From my perspective as a Tennessee fan, I would say yes I would rather have Riley and his staff over Butch and his staff. Riley in my opinion would recruit just as well if not better than Jones if he was in the South, and I think while he isn't necessarily elite, he's much better than Butch at developing players and game planning. Most of us Tennessee fans are starting to look at Butch as somewhat of an embarrassment, so I guess I'm just wondering if he's viewed as negatively outside of Tennessee and the SEC.

• Fire 1

I am not sure that there are many people around these parts that know enough about the current situation in Tennessee to be able to give you a fair opinion on Butch and the job he is doing down in the SEC. I would not trade MR for Butch, but I am sure there are some posters here on HB that would disagree. Heck, some here would trade MR back for Bo P. Go figure!

• Fire 1

Riley's a better coach, just doesn't have much talent at the moment. Jones has a loaded roster, to his credit he loaded it up, but still can't win with it.

Yeah I agree. I think if you had our roster, Riley would have gone 11-1 with a relatively close loss to OSU. But recruiting will fall off for us now after this season. We have probably peaked with Jones, while you guys are on the way up. After going to a Nebraska game this year and having such a good time, I definitely root for you guys. To be honest, if we were to play you in a bowl this year, I wouldn't mind losing, as it will maybe speed up the process of us getting a new coach.