Adidas stock to date

gbr93

I couldn't find where we discussed Adidas and changing brands so I just started this thread. I'm really glad we have stayed with Adidas so far and didn't get caught up in everyone jumping ship to Nike or Under Armour. Now we are one of their flagship schools, if not the biggest, and they are really starting to re-assert themselves at the top. I hope they can keep this momentum going, for recruiting sake.

edit: can't get the image to show in this post, so I included the address to it.

Cym5z3zXcAA6U8m.jpg

Cym5z3zXcAA6U8m.jpg

Edited by Mavric
Embedded image
  • Fire 1

One of the biggest reasons I liked the switch to Nike was that Adidas clothing was horrible compared to Nike ~5 years ago. Their shirts fit weird and were of worse quality than Nike's. That's really changed recently. Also IIRC Adidas recently hired some Nike lead designer. I really think Adidas is on the rise and we should stick with them. Alts this year were sick.

• Fire 1

When you have a much smaller chunk of the pie, it's a lot easier to grow by a higher percentage.

Also, this is across all sports, including foreign markets and soccer, where Adidas has a decided edge, but unfortunately does nothing in quelling criticisms of their benefit to our American football program.

I've actually been more impressed with them this year than I have in the past (especially their 'creative' commercials lately), but their fan apparel is still largely uninspiring and their athlete apparel isn't a ton better, imo.

• Fire 1

Just bring back the black shoes with stripes and the long red socks.

All black shoes even, thanks.

F no! Those look way to dated and boring. White shoes are flashy and clean. Plus they make you look faster!

See, that's the thing though. Other teams watch us on film wearing black shoes, they think we're slow so they go easy in practice that week, texting their girlfriends and stuff, then BAM....game day arrives and they don't know what hit 'em. Can't achieve that element of surprise wearing those flashy white shoes that make you look fast.

• Fire 3