Riley/Langsdorf to Oregon??...

I woke up this morning wondering if Langsdorf would be in line for a HC job - this might be a good opp for him. Certainly with his loyalty and history w/Riley, he would have discussed it with him, and would give him some heads up to plan around his departure.

Which is why Langs isn't going anywhere. MR and DL have similar ideas on offensive identity. I think it's more likely he is being groomed to take over when MR retires. If the offense comes alive next year with a new field general people would be more receptive to the idea, IMO

I woke up this morning wondering if Langsdorf would be in line for a HC job - this might be a good opp for him. Certainly with his loyalty and history w/Riley, he would have discussed it with him, and would give him some heads up to plan around his departure.

Which is why Langs isn't going anywhere. MR and DL have similar ideas on offensive identity. I think it's more likely he is being groomed to take over when MR retires. If the offense comes alive next year with a new field general people would be more receptive to the idea, IMO
I dont disagree that he is being groomed as a HC by Riley - and potentially as his replacement but I dont think that would stop anyone from taking a position from a uni like Oregon if it was offered. Why does his first HC gig have to be at NE in order for him to take over for Riley?

He is probably looking at 2018 schedule and knows how the fan base reacts to each and every loss and wondering how the hell he is going to go undefeated against that schedule...or how he will survive if he happens to lose games, which WILL happen that year (maybe quite a few)

Oregon wouldn't even interview Riley

Whose Oregon looking at? I know you're an Oregon fan as well, so just wondering what you've heard

Fleck, WMU

Taggart, USF

Harsin, Boise

Some other names that have floated around but no substance were Brian Kelly (Yuck), Jim McElwain (Meh), and Dan Mullen (I was intrigued....kind of, by this one)

Those are the two most likely guys (Fleck or Taggart). Everytime I hear Fleck it's a combo thing with Schiano coming over from Ohio State. The media guy in Oregon, Canzano, keeps pumping out Anti-Fleck stuff that isn't relevant.

• Fire 1