Riley/Langsdorf to Oregon??...

Riley is not leaving us for Oregon. Call me crazy, but Nebraska is a better destination than Oregon. We have the money to keep him. The only instance where a coach may want to leave Nebraska is for a top-tier $EC school, but we all know that's not happening.

No. It's because Oregon would never think about hiring Riley. Not even on the radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Riley is not leaving us for Oregon. Call me crazy, but Nebraska is a better destination than Oregon. We have the money to keep him. The only instance where a coach may want to leave Nebraska is for a top-tier $EC school, but we all know that's not happening.

No. It's because Oregon would never think about hiring Riley. Not even on the radar.

Nobody would actually.

Oregon wouldn't even interview Riley

Whose Oregon looking at? I know you're an Oregon fan as well, so just wondering what you've heard

Fleck, WMU

Taggart, USF

Harsin, Boise

Some other names that have floated around but no substance were Brian Kelly (Yuck), Jim McElwain (Meh), and Dan Mullen (I was intrigued....kind of, by this one)

Those are the two most likely guys (Fleck or Taggart). Everytime I hear Fleck it's a combo thing with Schiano coming over from Ohio State. The media guy in Oregon, Canzano, keeps pumping out Anti-Fleck stuff that isn't relevant.

Good call, Coach! :thumbs:

Riley wouldn't go anyway. I believe he wants to prove that he is a better coach than his record indicates. He wants to prove he can win as part of a real program. No offense to Oregon st but kinda. You can tell by the moves he is making. He wants to win here and then most likely retire. I'm all for that.

With this ^^ I am in 100% agreement. I think Mike Riley wants Nebraska to be his swan song and I believe he wants to finish/go out #1/on top.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...