Instant contributors

Miles. McQuitty. Guy Thomas or Porcher. Avery Roberts. Hampton on ST.

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

Hopefully any of the DE we signed can come in and play well. We need a playmaker. Unless Freedom really improves over the off season he isn't the answer and obviously if nobody could beat out Ross Dzuris the guys we have on the team now are not very good. I agree Mcquitty will get on the field. Hoping one of the lbs can break the lineup but I feel like these coaches play favorites or are playing to the interest of the fan base and play senior walk ons. Marcus Newby will be a senior so I feel like he will have the olb spot opposite Young so unless any of these incoming freshman play mike I don't see them starting.

It is obvious that we need help fast! After watching WI and Penn State last night it would appear that WI is prepared to dominate the West for the next few years. very young starting Offensive line and good skilled players. I am trying to prepare myself for the years of disappointment yet to come!

Obviously I am not very optimistic about the state of Cornhusker Football!

It is obvious that we need help fast! After watching WI and Penn State last night it would appear that WI is prepared to dominate the West for the next few years. very young starting Offensive line and good skilled players. I am trying to prepare myself for the years of disappointment yet to come!

Obviously I am not very optimistic about the state of Cornhusker Football!

I think we are ok as far as skill positions go. DE just killed us this year. If your DT are getting more pressure oN the QB every game there is a problem. Lack of any type of edge rush hurt us on passing downs. If the OLine gets even 30% better that's gonna help every other position group on offense.

When we have no all conference players returning, then we should reasonably expect highly rated recruits to come in and vye for positions in the 1s and 2s on what should be a 4 deep chart.

If we are blown out twice and had no blow out wins ourselves, we have plenty of room for an infusion of talent next fall. Clearly experience is important but speed and quickness, effort and 'upside potential' need to be injected ASAP. We can't afford another 7 or 8 loss season and this fall is a very dangerous one for Nebraska football. We must be building or we are failing.

Miles. McQuitty. Guy Thomas or Porcher. Avery Roberts. Hampton on ST.

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

Hopefully any of the DE we signed can come in and play well. We need a playmaker. Unless Freedom really improves over the off season he isn't the answer and obviously if nobody could beat out Ross Dzuris the guys we have on the team now are not very good. I agree Mcquitty will get on the field. Hoping one of the lbs can break the lineup but I feel like these coaches play favorites or are playing to the interest of the fan base and play senior walk ons. Marcus Newby will be a senior so I feel like he will have the olb spot opposite Young so unless any of these incoming freshman play mike I don't see them starting.

Ha!

How are people mentioning WR recruits and not thinking Keyshawn Jr makes immediate impact?

I think he needs a year or two with S&C.

If it's just that, then I think he very well could see the field next year since I think he is an early enrollee.

He will be here for 8 months before fall camp starts. He's a WR. He isn't a lineman that has to build a lot more strength and put on a large amount of lbs of muscle.

As it sets now (others committing may take some spots):

Watts/Thomas- one of the DT's has to provide depth. I'd lean towards Watts due to size right now. Daniels or Shelvin would probably have as good/better chance.

McQuitty- Some WR's are going to have to play. I think he's more college ready than KJJ physically. Lewis would play. Calvin probably plays.

Miles- Plays

Leitao- Wildcard here but wouldn't be surprised to see him have a chance right away.

Roberts- Plays

Darnay, Greg Johnson would play day 1.