How far are we behind the top teams in Big Ten

I watched the Big Ten Championship game last night after Volleyball was over and I kept thinking to my self wow we are no where close to Penn St or WI at this point in the year and we are even further behind MI and Ohio State. We are a middle of the road team in the Big Ten.

WI will dominate the West the next few years and we seem to have no clue?

I never was sold on Riley and I am still not, he is a great guy but wow I cant help but wonder if we can ever really compete with him as Coach?

• Fire 2

Watching games yesterday, one thing. A QB who can make throws.......If we are incapable of being a threat to complete a pass, any scheme is doomed to fail. Clemson, Bama and VT all had mobile, accurate QB's........PSU and Wisky, guys who were accurate......

I would still love a true dual threat QB, but that's just me.....

We lost three games this year. Clearly OSU is at another level right now yo us.

Michigan is a question mark. They can be really good but I don't see them quite at the same level as OSU yet.

I think we can play with and beat everyone else.

We lost to Wisconsin on the road in over time. I don't see why they are so much better than us.

The Iowa game was just plain pathetic. Winning that game clearly meant more to their players. On top of that, our running QB couldn't run. That's a huge problem for an offense that relies on your QB to run.

PSU lost a game early they shouldn't have just like us.

I don't think we are that far behind them.

Watching the SEC and B1G games yesterday I realized just how much Alabama, Wisconsin and Penn State play with so much intensity on both sides of the ball.

Nebraska on the other hand basically patty cakes their way through games

Intensity. Desire. Killer instinct......Attitude that separates winners from losers. Can it be developed or taught? I think a guy either has it or doesn't. We need to start recruiting guys with that edge....or at least a lot more than we do now.

Watching the SEC and B1G games yesterday I realized just how much Alabama, Wisconsin and Penn State play with so much intensity on both sides of the ball.

Nebraska on the other hand basically patty cakes their way through games

Intensity. Desire. Killer instinct......Attitude that separates winners from losers. Can it be developed or taught? I think a guy either has it or doesn't. We need to start recruiting guys with that edge....or at least a lot more than we do now.

Agreed but it just can't be your players. It undoubtedly has to be your coaches who own those traits too.

We lost three games this year. Clearly OSU is at another level right now yo us.

Michigan is a question mark. They can be really good but I don't see them quite at the same level as OSU yet.

I think we can play with and beat everyone else.

We lost to Wisconsin on the road in over time. I don't see why they are so much better than us.

The Iowa game was just plain pathetic. Winning that game clearly meant more to their players. On top of that, our running QB couldn't run. That's a huge problem for an offense that relies on your QB to run.

PSU lost a game early they shouldn't have just like us.

I don't think we are that far behind them.

Michigan dominated OSU for 3 quarters. They aren't a question mark. Just because they lost a game when they didn't have their starting QB doesn't put a question mark behind them, imo.

Also regarding PSU. Losing early and improving like crazy is completely different from folding late, which is what NU did. That's not even remotely comparable. NU got worse through the year. Penn State got 100x better.