Pelini To Cincinatti

They hired Luke Fickle.

Great hire by the Bearcats. Maybe the best hire they could have made. :thumbs:

*Fickell

Umm

Ha ha! He has tons of Ohio connections. Should be able to pick up the scraps leftover from tOSU. Plus HC experience at one of the top programs in the nation.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. :lol:

They hired Luke Fickle.

*Fickell

Umm

Ha ha! He has tons of Ohio connections. Should be able to pick up the scraps leftover from tOSU. Plus HC experience at one of the top programs in the nation.

OSU's 3 star scraps they don't want go to play for Wisconsin,Michigan State and others not YSU.

They hired Luke Fickle.

*Fickell

Umm

OSU's 3 star scraps they don't want go to play for Wisconsin,Michigan State and others not YSU.

Pretty sure Bo was not part of the above discussion. Re-read what you are quoting

It seems unlikely that Bo will be a coach at a major conference school - there seem to be plenty of other options and no school wants to hire a high dollar coach (million a year plus) that might blow up and have to dump him. He's gonna need to go about 8 years or so without a major issue at YSU or some place similar. Face it, he got that job because it is his home town, AD is an Ohio State guy and so on. It was more 'who he knew' than 'what he knew' in his getting to coach again. IMO

• Fire 2

They hired Luke Fickle.

*Fickell

Umm

Pretty sure Bo was not part of the above discussion. Re-read what you are quoting
Thanks for getting me straightened out there big shooter.DC

Some of it might be on him too...Maybe he doesn't want another gig other than the one he has right now? Who knows...

Well, no hurry on his part to land a better job. He's living high on the hog on NU's buyout money. And will be for another three years.

It seems unlikely that Bo will be a coach at a major conference school - there seem to be plenty of other options and no school wants to hire a high dollar coach (million a year plus) that might blow up and have to dump him. He's gonna need to go about 8 years or so without a major issue at YSU or some place similar. Face it, he got that job because it is his home town, AD is an Ohio State guy and so on. It was more 'who he knew' than 'what he knew' in his getting to coach again. IMO

I understand why you guys don't like Bo but this doesn't make sense. The AD is a Youngstown State guy (played football at YSU) and Bo was the best hire that YSU could have made. Please tell me if there was someone better for that position at the time? Football is way too important in NE Ohio for them to hire someone they didn't think knew the game. If Bobby Petrino can get a job at an ACC school, then Bo will have shot at a major conference school if he keeps winning at YSU.

• Fire 2

AD is an Ohio State guy

The AD is a Youngstown State guy (played football at YSU)

Just a point of clarification - jaws is right, The AD is Ron Strollo, former YSU QB for a National Chamionship team in the '90's (under HC Tressel). 84 was confused, because Tressel (currently the University President) seemed to take on an AD-like role in hiring Bo.

All three men are from NE Ohio, and played college FB in Ohio.

• Fire 1