Pelini To Cincinatti

Good job for Cincinnati to steal Bo away from all the other teams lining up to hire him away from YSU.

After another decent season, there may have been several teams looking at him. If this ends up happening I'm not shocked, I assumed he would be back in the FBS after a few years. And I think he will be more humbled and prepared for the job.

maybe so. But i guarantee you it will not be because of his prowess or the thought that he may be better. it'll be because every tom, dick, harry program overreacts and fires coaches and is always looking for the next lightening in the bottle. We have a supply/demand issue of known high level coaches in college football right now.

Good job for Cincinnati to steal Bo away from all the other teams lining up to hire him away from YSU.

After another decent season, there may have been several teams looking at him. If this ends up happening I'm not shocked, I assumed he would be back in the FBS after a few years. And I think he will be more humbled and prepared for the job.

maybe so. But i guarantee you it will not be because of his prowess or the thought that he may be better. it'll be because every tom, dick, harry program overreacts and fires coaches and is always looking for the next lightening in the bottle. We have a supply/demand issue of known high level coaches in college football right now.
Wait are you talking about our program? (Sarcasm)

Did someone just post div 1 athletes numbers??? The competition isn't even close to the same. You can't compare those numbers. Moss also wanted to come back, the university said no. Can't pull out your dingy and keep your spot here

Tell that to Iowa. I would also like to be the first person to spell Cincinnati correctly in this thread.

lol awesome.

I know youre being sarcastic. But i'm gonna go downt eh serious road here, cuz i know there are delusional folks here who believe we did overreact, and still feel somehow after a 7 year sample size of ridiculous amounts of underperforming consistency, that someday Pelini was gonna figure it out here. 7 years and a desire to take the next step and know what we have isnt gonna do it based on factual results was not an overreaction. And exposed character problems only proved the decision correct. Firing Les Miles was not an overreaction on LSU's part. He was there for 12 years and was on a downward trend. the program had gone flat, and LSU demands better. Oregon is an overreaction. Sure, Helfrich was on a down trend, but it's only 3 years in. Texas firing Strong is an overreaction i thought. Texas had engrained themselves into such an entitled sh#t culture that 3 years with a good coach like Strong is not enough. Kansas firing Gill after 2 years was an overreaction. Folks wanting james franklin gone after week 4 was obviously an overreaction. You dont see Michigan St pulling a trigger do you? Notre Dame?

I know youre being sarcastic. But i'm gonna go downt eh serious road here, cuz i know there are delusional folks here who believe we did overreact, and still feel somehow after a 7 year sample size of ridiculous amounts of underperforming consistency, that someday Pelini was gonna figure it out here. 7 years and a desire to take the next step and know what we have isnt gonna do it based on factual results was not an overreaction. And exposed character problems only proved the decision correct. Firing Les Miles was not an overreaction on LSU's part. He was there for 12 years and was on a downward trend. the program had gone flat, and LSU demands better. Oregon is an overreaction. Sure, Helfrich was on a down trend, but it's only 3 years in. Texas firing Strong is an overreaction i thought. Texas had engrained themselves into such an entitled sh#t culture that 3 years with a good coach like Strong is not enough. Kansas firing Gill after 2 years was an overreaction. Folks wanting james franklin gone after week 4 was obviously an overreaction. You dont see Michigan St pulling a trigger do you? Notre Dame?
I agree on all of your assessments there. I was more referring to our folks wanting Riley gone already as opposed to the ones who thought firing Bo was an overreaction, but I suppose we may be talking about the same people lol

Did someone just post div 1 athletes numbers??? The competition isn't even close to the same. You can't compare those numbers. Moss also wanted to come back, the university said no. Can't pull out your dingy and keep your spot here

Tell that to Iowa. I would also like to be the first person to spell Cincinnati correctly in this thread.

One team, be it an abnormality or not, does not represent the level of talent for that division.

Do you watch any of the other levels of college football?

I played on another level of college football. I know I was of no caliber of a Nebraska recruit. So, putting a Nebraska recruits stats up against opponents from a smaller talent level is a mute point to me. I can see we won't agree on the subject so it is what it is

I usually don't even try, and just go with "Cincy"

Also, did I miss something is this no longer a rumor and is a done deal?

Hopefully he gets paid more than a used car salesman there and saves Nebraska a couple mil!

Tuberville's salary was around $2.2 million. So yeah, that would save us a couple million over the next three years.

That may be true but Pelini can always take a low ball number from any school and let NU subsidize his pay wherever he goes. I am sure that is happening now. Why not continue?

Hopefully he gets paid more than a used car salesman there and saves Nebraska a couple mil!

Tuberville's salary was around $2.2 million. So yeah, that would save us a couple million over the next three years.

That may be true but Pelini can always take a low ball number from any school and let NU subsidize his pay wherever he goes. I am sure that is happening now. Why not continue?
because Cincinnati is not Youngstown State

because Cincinnati is not Youngstown State

There is a clause in the contract that states he must be paid a normal salary for the position. YSU is paying Pelini the same as they paid their last coach. Otherwise, NU will estimate what he would make and only sends him the remaining balance. It to keep him from doing just that.

If Bo went to Cincinnati, i would expect that they would pay him close to the same as tuberville.... at least until Bo's contract with NU is up.

• Fire 1

Part of getting paid by NU is getting a salary of market value at the new gig.