CFP Tally

I just wish the format were at least 6-8 teams. I'd love to see if Penn St could keep that momentum going much like I felt Ohio State did the year they won it. Washington will finally get to play someone noteworthy in terms of teams out of their conference. Does Bama' spank them or does Washington play with them? Bama' seems like their normal championship caliber self. 6 team format would have been a fun one to watch this year sigh.

That was this year. There may be a year, especially if Kiffin goes to LSU that the Tigers are the SEC rep. It doesn't seem likely but for that reason I'm pretty positive it will happen 1 time at least.

And by that I mean Alabama not making the playoff, not LSU specifically taking their spot but someone

Both teams will falter at some point and not make the playoffs at some point in the next 5 years

Bama has to lose 2 games to even be considered to be left out. As close as PSU was this year. I'm not so sure it isn't 3 losses.

I wondered about that before the SEC championship. "Does this game even matter?"

Edit: I didn't realize they were undefeated, just looked it up, it mattered even less than I thought.

Alabama - 3

Ohio St - 2

Clemson - 2

Oregon - 1

Oklahoma - 1

Florida St - 1

Washington - 1

Michigan St - 1

Does Bama ever NOT make the playoff under Saban? Will Ohio State ever NOT make the playoff again under Urban?

By conference:

SEC- 3

B1G - 3

ACC - 3

PAC - 2

Little 12 - 1

• Fire 1

Could lose one non-con (say no FCS bye week for anyone). Make the conference championship game MEAN SOMETHING. How about the conference champ games are the first round of the CFP? That gets you 10 teams right there. Forget the "group of five" or make them play each other in a best two teams kind of a deal. I think OSU is better than Wisconsin and maybe Penn State, but hard to take them not taking care of business, not playing a 13th game and being rewarded. No chance for injury, or an extra loss. Michigan, too. They lost to Iowa. But whatever.

That was this year. There may be a year, especially if Kiffin goes to LSU that the Tigers are the SEC rep. It doesn't seem likely but for that reason I'm pretty positive it will happen 1 time at least.

And by that I mean Alabama not making the playoff, not LSU specifically taking their spot but someone

Kiffin is a good coordinator, but he is an awful head coach, as evidenced by every gig he has had everywhere.

Kiffin is a good coordinator, but he is an awful head coach, as evidenced by every gig he has had everywhere.

I actually think he probably learned from his past coaching gigs and was humbled in his firing from USC. I think he can be a pretty good head coach yet, in the right situation.

It will be pretty easy for them to eventually go to an 8 team playoff, using the conference championship games serving as a defacto first round.

SEC, B1G, Big XII, Pac-12, and ACC champs are automatically in.

Three at-large teams, with one being guaranteed to a G5 school as long as they are ranked in the top 10 (similar to the way the BCS did it, I believe). The committee then determines at least two if not three at large teams, as well as seedings. I'm not sure exactly how it would work as far as schedules and if there would somehow be byes or anything, but it will happen eventually, and the pressure to keep the number of games low will, I predict, eventually result in the CCG's acting as some kind of official entry round.