QB Grant Gunnell [Arizona - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

49 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Gunnell commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Scenario I just made up in head and have no factual information to back with.

Langsdorf spent last two days evaluating Shough and Pertas.

Today he goes to see Gunnell and tells him he's our guy for the next two classes. If he wants N today we won't take a 2018 QB. If he doesn't want to commit yet that's fine, he's still our guy but we will be offering Shough or Pertas and would accept commitments.

Matty must have slipped me something, I sure sound like him there...

• Fire 2

Today he goes to see Gunnell and tells him he's our guy for the next two classes. If he wants N today we won't take a 2018 QB. If he doesn't want to commit yet that's fine, he's still our guy but we will be offering Shough or Pertas and would accept commitments.

lol

Seem plausible. Or you are this guy

tinfoilhat.jpg

Although I am not sure if I am on board with putting our QB eggs in the basket of a 16 year old high school sophomore. If we get his commitment now, great. But so much could happen before NSD 19.

I'm okay with this. So assuming Gebbia and POB are still here when Gunnell arrives, Gebbia would be a RS Sophomore (Ideally if this year goes as planned) and POB would be a RS junior. Redshirt Gunnel and POB is a RS Senior and Gebbia a RS junior? Probably not the worst scenario for Gunnell.

lol

Seem plausible. Or you are this guy

tinfoilhat.jpg

Although I am not sure if I am on board with putting our QB eggs in the basket of a 16 year old high school sophomore. If we get his commitment now, great. But so much could happen before NSD 19.

It was a half hearted joking post. Haha

I still think we need a QB in this class either way. We are one transfer away from having major depth issues again.

I'm okay with this. So assuming Gebbia and POB are still here when Gunnell arrives, Gebbia would be a RS Sophomore (Ideally if this year goes as planned) and POB would be a RS junior. Redshirt Gunnel and POB is a RS Senior and Gebbia a RS junior? Probably not the worst scenario for Gunnell.
Ideally I think a 2018 is needed. Otherwise we have two more seasons of us being 1 injury/transfer away from burning a RS.

Ideally I think a 2018 is needed. Otherwise we have two more seasons of us being 1 injury/transfer away from burning a RS.

Yes as long as one of those isn't forced. I don't know much about Shough or Pertas. Not quite the same level that we had been recruiting but viable options?

We can afford to not take a QB in this class if Gunnell says he is N. We still have Bunch for depth next year even if POB leaves. What might hurt is if POB leaves and Lee decides to go pro. That would leave us pretty thin.

I'd rather leave nothing to chance. I really think POB isn't going to be after this year, so while it'd be nice to be able to sell Gunnell on the idea that there won't be a QB ahead of him in age, I don't think we can afford to do that, even with how impressive Lee, POB and Gebbia look.

Yes as long as one of those isn't forced. I don't know much about Shough or Pertas. Not quite the same level that we had been recruiting but viable options?
I think both could end up 4star or close (high 3star) to on 247comp.

We can afford to not take a QB in this class if Gunnell says he is N. We still have Bunch for depth next year even if POB leaves. What might hurt is if POB leaves and Lee decides to go pro. That would leave us pretty thin.

Bunch hasn't proved anything at the collegiate level that would lead me to believe he is a capable QB for the goals our program has.

Glad we got him to walk on, but I'd prefer to not have to rely on him at any point.

Bunch hasn't proved anything at the collegiate level that would lead me to believe he is a capable QB for the goals our program has.

Glad we got him to walk on, but I'd prefer to not have to rely on him at any point.

It would definitely be a gamble to forgo a QB this year in hopes of having/keeping Gunnell committed. It could be done but would be stupid in my opinion.

I think Bunch might be more serviceable then Fyfe was but probably won't light the field on fire.

IF for any reason a QB leaves early next year, we wouldn't be in great shape depth wise. That's not say I think it's worth it to take a QB just to take a QB, but I hope we bring one in for this class.

In almost every case - taking a QB this cycle would make sense. Howeever, I think we grab the 19 QB if he will commit and then pass on 18. We can always add another serviceable walkon and assume we won't ever need to use the 2 walkons. This class is so small and to be able to grab an extra DT would be great. Not very often is an extra DT > QB - but in this case it is worth the gamble.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Grant Gunnell [Arizona - Signed LOI]