National Semifinals - Huskers vs. Texas

Mavric

Collegiate Women's VB is so predictable it seems. Those are certainly 4 of the top 8 or so teams and it is almost never that a cinderella type team gets anywhere near the final four. Sort of the 'usual' suspects really. Used to be Hawaii, UCLA, Washington, Stanford, and so on were to top dogs as the volleyball was dominated by the west coast. Steadily, the midwest and especially Nebraska of all places got better and better. Now the great plains and great lakes states seem to be dominating the volleyball realm. Not sure why - maybe the taller 'rangier' women from the northern European countries historically? Idk.

Glad we are among the best - Husker volleyball is very fun to watch live - like football it is much better in person. I have only watched a couple games they have played in Devaney and much preferred the coliseum confines - that was a rockin' home court advantage - a well choreographed over lording crowd that had to be intimidating to many opponents. As much so as any venue I have seen in any sport.

Collegiate Women's VB is so predictable it seems. Those are certainly 4 of the top 8 or so teams and it is almost never that a cinderella type team gets anywhere near the final four. Sort of the 'usual' suspects really. Used to be Hawaii, UCLA, Washington, Stanford, and so on were to top dogs as the volleyball was dominated by the west coast. Steadily, the midwest and especially Nebraska of all places got better and better. Now the great plains and great lakes states seem to be dominating the volleyball realm. Not sure why - maybe the taller 'rangier' women from the northern European countries historically? Idk.

Glad we are among the best - Husker volleyball is very fun to watch live - like football it is much better in person. I have only watched a couple games they have played in Devaney and much preferred the coliseum confines - that was a rockin' home court advantage - a well choreographed over lording crowd that had to be intimidating to many opponents. As much so as any venue I have seen in any sport.

Final 4 - 2015 Nebraska, Texas, Minnesota, Kansas

Final 4 - 2016 Nebraska, Texas, Minnesota, Stanford

• Fire 1

What do you prefer about the old venue over the new. We now seat almost twice as many fans and still sellout?

How 'bout when Penn State almost swept us? That wasn't predictable. Nobody saw Creighton in the Elite Eight either.

I am very excited. We can definitely keep the crown. We have the talent and coaching. Let's execute like we always do. GBR!

What do you prefer about the old venue over the new. We now seat almost twice as many fans and still sellout?

'84HL is an old dude who just prefers things the way it was "back in the day". He has a serious case of the member berries.